历史英雄名人演讲 第97期:亚马逊 选择塑造人生(2)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:历史英雄名人演讲
英语课
As a civilization, we will have so many gifts, just as you as individuals have so many individual gifts as you sit before me.
作为文明人,我们会拥有如此之多的天赋,就像是坐在我面前的你们,每一个生命个体都拥有许多独特的夭赋。
How will you use these gifts? And will you take pride in your gifts or pride in your choices?
你们要如何运用这些天赋呢?你们会为自己的夭赋感到骄傲,还是会为自己的选择感到骄傲?
Tomorrow, in a very real sense, your life---the life you author from scratch on your own-begins.
明天,非常现实地说,你们的人生——从零开始塑造的自己的人生——即将开启。
How will you use your gifts? What choices will you make?
你们将如何运用自己的天赋?你们又将做出怎样的抉择?
Will inertia 1 be your guide, or will you follow your passions?
你们是被惯性所引导,还是追随自己内心的热情?
Will you follow dogma, or will you be original?
你们会墨守成规,还是勇于创新?
Will you choose a life of ease, or a life of service and adventure?
你们会选择安逸的生活,还是选择一个奉献与冒险的生活?
Will you wilt 2 under criticism, or will you follow your convictions?
你们会屈从于批评,还是会坚守信念?
Will you bluff 3 it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize?
你们会掩饰错误,还是会坦诚道歉?
Will you guard your heart against rejection 4, or will you act when you fall in love?
你们会因害怕拒绝而掩饰内心,还是会在面对爱情时勇往直前?
Will you play it safe, or will you be a little bit swashbuckling?
你们想要波澜不惊,还是想要搏击风浪?
When it's tough, will you give up, or will you be relentless 5?
你们会在严峻的现实之下选择放弃,还是继续前行?
Will you be a cynic, or will you be a builder?
你们要做愤世嫉俗者,还是踏实的建设者?
Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind?
你们要不计一切代价地展示聪明,还是选择善良?
I will hazard a prediction. When you are 80 years old, and in a quiet moment of reflection narrating 6 for only yourself the most personal version of your life story, the telling that will be most compact and meaningful will be the series of choices you have made. In the end, we are our choices. Build yourself a great story. Thank you and good luck!
我要冒险做一个预测。在你们80岁时,只有你一个人静静对内心诉说着你的人生故事,其中最为充实、最有意义的那段讲述,会被你们做出的一系列决定所填满。最后,是选择塑造了我们的人生。为你自己塑造一个伟大的人生故事吧!谢谢,祝你们好运!
adj.惰性,惯性,懒惰,迟钝
- We had a feeling of inertia in the afternoon.下午我们感觉很懒。
- Inertia carried the plane onto the ground.飞机靠惯性着陆。
v.(使)植物凋谢或枯萎;(指人)疲倦,衰弱
- Golden roses do not wilt and will never need to be watered.金色的玫瑰不枯萎绝也不需要浇水。
- Several sleepless nights made him wilt.数个不眠之夜使他憔悴。
v.虚张声势,用假象骗人;n.虚张声势,欺骗
- His threats are merely bluff.他的威胁仅仅是虚张声势。
- John is a deep card.No one can bluff him easily.约翰是个机灵鬼。谁也不容易欺骗他。
n.拒绝,被拒,抛弃,被弃
- He decided not to approach her for fear of rejection.他因怕遭拒绝决定不再去找她。
- The rejection plunged her into the dark depths of despair.遭到拒绝使她陷入了绝望的深渊。
adj.残酷的,不留情的,无怜悯心的
- The traffic noise is relentless.交通车辆的噪音一刻也不停止。
- Their training has to be relentless.他们的训练必须是无情的。
标签:
名人演讲