Flags are now seen every day, but they were once only used in battles. No one knows for sure where flags came from. However, it seems that China and the Roman Empire were the first ones to use them to identify their armies. The earliest flags were ac

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

1. dramatic,戏剧般的,戏剧性的,充满激情的。 eg:dramatic changes in the international situation 国际形势的戏剧性变化 2. 顺便简单地说一下越...就越...的表达法。 以下句为戾,首先写一个普通的陈述句,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

China plans to build a new icebreaker for polar expeditions as its veteran Xuelong, or Snow Dragon, remains stuck in Antarctica after rescuing passengers from a Russian vessel. Qu Tanzhou, director of the State Oceanic Administration's Chinese Arctic

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: If you're going through a breakup, your heart break, may feel like a physical pain and you're probably right. The sensation of heartbreak might be result of your body instinct to simultaneously s

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Pachyrhinosaurus like pretty much all members of the Ceratopsian family have no weaponry from behind their neck backwards. 肿鼻角龙和角龙家族的所有成员一样,从颈部往后没有什么武器。 From their neck back, they're completel

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

And indeed, unless this reef had an engine in its belly, how could it move about with such prodigious speed? 理由是:除非这暗礁在腹部有一架机器,不然的话,它怎能这样快地一会儿到达这里一会儿又到那里呢? Also

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

AS IT IS 2014-08-15 Researcher Says Test New Ebola Drugs Now 研究人员说现在正测试新的埃博拉病毒药物 A man who discovered the Ebola virus says now is the time to test drugs that could help people infected with the dangerous disease.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Eucharia, Ireland speaker Is the world a better place, well, I do think so because of influences such as the internet and globalization and growing interest in intercultural communication so people are more interested in each other where as before pe

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

模仿句子 'Let's take back control of our country.' That was a slogan of the campaign calling for Britain to leave the European Union, but who exactly is steering the UK economy and markets through the choppy waters of Brexit?

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

After I arrived in New York, several people did me the honor of consulting me on the phenomenon in question. 当我到纽约的时候,有些人特地来问我对这件怪事的意见。 In France I had published a two-volume work, in quarto, entitl

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Therefore, I wrote, after examining these different hypotheses one by one, we are forced, 我一个一个研究了各种不同的假设, every other supposition having been refuted, to accept the existence of an extremely powerful marine animal. 和所

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

If, on the other hand, we do know every living species. 这说法还是比较今人情服的。 We must look for the animal in question among those marine creatures already cataloged, and in this event I would be inclined to accept the existence of a

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

All right then! Imagine this weapon to be ten times stronger and the animal ten times more powerful, launch it at a speed of twenty miles per hour, multiply its mass times its velocity, and you get just the collision we need to cause the specified ca

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

His coal bunkers were overflowing. Not a crewman was missing from his post. 大家要法拉古司令宫立即出发,二十四小时的迟延都不许可。船上各部门的人员一个也不少,都到齐了。 To cast off, he needed only to fire

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

But, as it always happens, just when a decision had been made to chase the monster, the monster put in no further appearances. 事情往往就是这样,等人们决定要追赶这怪物的时候。怪物再也不出现了。 For two months nobody h

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

英语和汉语中均有从正面或反面来表达一种概念的现象。就像我们常说的“ Excuse me!” 我们常译成“对不起”,就是英语正面表达而汉语则采用反面的表达

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

American basketball players led by former NBA star Dennis Rodman held their final practice with DPRK players ahead of an exhibition match today. Former NBA stars including Charles D. Smith, Doug Christie, and Vin Baker joined the practice. Organisers

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年01月

Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for intensified rescue efforts, saying life is the most important thing. The President also stressed efforts to relocate people, and handle relief work. Xi urged local departments to monitor seismic activity an

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年08月

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe and opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai have signed a power sharing agreement aimed at ending the country's lengthy political crisis. The agreement was reached after weeks of bargaining mediated by South Africa. 津巴

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年9月

At Friday's meeting of the National Leading Group on Climate Change, Energy Conservation and Emissions Reduction, Premier Li says China will achieve its energy saving and emissions control targets set in the 12th Five-Year Plan as scheduled. He said

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台