时间:2019-01-27 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物


英语课

   After I arrived in New York, several people did me the honor of consulting me on the phenomenon in question.


  当我到纽约的时候,有些人特地来问我对这件怪事的意见。
  In France I had published a two-volume work, in quarto, entitled The Mysteries of the Great Ocean Depths.
  我以前在法国出版过一部八开本的书,共两册,书名为:《海底的神秘》。
  Well received in scholarly circles, this book had established me as a specialist in this pretty obscure field of natural history.
  这部书特别受到学术界的赏识,使我成为自然科学中这一个相当奥秘的部门的专家。
  My views were in demand. As long as I could deny the reality of the business, I confined myself to a flat "no comment."
  因此人们才询问我的意见。但我只要能够否认这事的真实性,我总是作否定的答复。
  But soon, pinned to the wall, I had to explain myself straight out.
  但不久我被逼只得明确地表示我的意见。
  And in this vein 1, the honorable Pierre Aronnax, Professor at the Paris Museum,was summoned by The New York Herald 2 to formulate 3 his views no matter what.
  况且《纽约先锋论坛报》已经约了巴黎自然科学博物馆教。授可敬的彼埃尔·阿龙纳斯先生,请他发表对这个问题砌意见。
  I complied. Since I could no longer hold my tongue, I let it wag.
  我发表了我的意见。我因为不能沉默,才不得不悦几句诸。
  I discussed the question in its every aspect, both political and scientific, and this is an excerpt 4 from the well-padded article I published in the issue of April 30.
  我从政治上和学术上来讨论这个问题的各个方面。现在我将我发表在4月30日《论坛报》上的一篇材料很丰富的文章的结论:

n.血管,静脉;叶脉,纹理;情绪;vt.使成脉络
  • The girl is not in the vein for singing today.那女孩今天没有心情唱歌。
  • The doctor injects glucose into the patient's vein.医生把葡萄糖注射入病人的静脉。
vt.预示...的来临,预告,宣布,欢迎
  • In England, the cuckoo is the herald of spring.在英国杜鹃鸟是报春的使者。
  • Dawn is the herald of day.曙光是白昼的先驱。
v.用公式表示;规划;设计;系统地阐述
  • He took care to formulate his reply very clearly.他字斟句酌,清楚地做了回答。
  • I was impressed by the way he could formulate his ideas.他陈述观点的方式让我印象深刻。
n.摘录,选录,节录
  • This is an excerpt from a novel.这是一部小说的摘录。
  • Can you excerpt something from the newspaper? 你能从报纸上选录些东西吗?