英语听书《海底两万里》第174期 第12章 一切都用电(7)
时间:2019-02-25 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
It's marvelous, I replied, and I truly see, captain, how right you are to use this force; it's sure to take the place of wind, water, and steam.
真了不得。我答,船长,我很明白您使用这种原动力的理由,因为这原动力是可以替代风、水和蒸汽。
But that's not all, Professor Aronnax, Captain Nemo said, standing 1 up.
阿龙纳斯先生,我们的活还没有完呢,尼摩船长站起来说。
And if you'd care to follow me, we'll inspect the Nautilus's stern.
请您跟着我来,我们去看看诺第留斯号的后部。
In essence, I was already familiar with the whole forward part of this underwater boat, and here are its exact subdivisions going from amidships to its spur:
我现在已经看完了这只潜水艇前头的整个部分,从船中心到船前头,前半部的正确区分如下:
the dining room, 5 meters long and separated from the library by a watertight bulkhead, in other words, it couldn't be penetrated 2 by the sea;the library, 5 meters long; the main lounge, 10 meters long, separated from the captain's stateroom by a second watertight bulkhead;the aforesaid stateroom, 5 meters long; mine, 2.5 meters long; and finally, air tanks 7.5 meters long and extending to the stempost.
长五米的餐厅,一扇隔板,即不能让水渗人的隔板,把它跟图书室隔开;长5米的图书室,长十米的大客厅,第二扇隔板把它跟船长的房间隔开;长五米的船长室;长两米半的我的房间;最后是长六米半的储藏空气的密室,它紧贴着船头。
Total: a length of 35 meters.
前半部全长是三十五米。
Doors were cut into the watertight bulkheads and were shut hermetically by means of india-rubber seals, which insured complete safety aboard the Nautilus in the event of a leak in any one section.
防水隔板都开有门,橡胶闭塞器把门关得紧紧的,即使有个把漏洞,也可以保证诺第留斯号的安全。
I followed Captain Nemo down gangways located for easy transit 3, and I arrived amidships.
我跟着尼摩船长,穿过船边的狭窄过道,到了船的中心。
There I found a sort of shaft 4 heading upward between two watertight bulkheads.
在船中心两扇隔板之间有井一般的开口。
An iron ladder, clamped to the wall, led to the shaft's upper end. I asked the captain what this ladder was for.
顺着内壁有一架铁梯子一直通到这口井的上部。我问船长这梯子作什么用。
It goes to the skiff, he replied.
它通到小艇。他回答。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
n.经过,运输;vt.穿越,旋转;vi.越过
- His luggage was lost in transit.他的行李在运送中丢失。
- The canal can transit a total of 50 ships daily.这条运河每天能通过50条船。