We are reading the first 1)verse of the first chapter of a book whose pages are 2)infinite... I do not know who wrote those words, but I have always liked them as a 3)reminder that the future can be anything we want to make it. We can take the myster

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Conservation Group Sees Better Future for Two Kiwi Birds News about endangered species often worries people. But on December 5, the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, or IUCN, had some good news. In publishing its yearly Red List of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

We use those in my field of bone marrow transplantation. 我们把这些干细胞用于骨髓移植领域。 Geron, just last year, started the first trial using human embryonic stem cells to treat spinal cord injuries. 杰龙去年开始第一次尝试

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

And now we can see inside of the brain with a resolution and ability that was never before available, 现在我们能看到大脑内部用一种以前没有过的分辨率和能力, and essentially learn how to reconstruct, 本质上学会如何重建

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

A couple of years ago when I was attending the TED Conference in Long Beach, 几年前我参加在长滩TED会议的时候, I met Harriet. 我遇到了哈里特。 We'd actually met online before not the way you're thinking. 实际上我们以前在网

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

An international team of scientists has just sequenced a protein crystal located in the midgut of cockroaches. The reason? 最近,一个国际科学家团队确定了蟑螂中肠内的蛋白质晶体的结构序列。为什么要研究这个? Its

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

AS IT IS 2015-08-05 Bangkok Could Soon Be Underwater 曼谷在不久的未来将被淹没 The Italian city of Venice and the American city of New Orleans, Louisiana are slowly sinking. 意大利威尼斯市,美国新奥尔良市和路易斯安那正在

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Don't think about your future, especially right now. You'll miss my speech. There will be plenty of time to contemplate your future right after the ceremony, but then you'll miss all the celebrating and adulation. So just wait until you get home and

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Something similar happened again in 1997 but by then the banks had learned to securitize their loans so they could not be forced into a collective system of lending and most of the losses had to be taken by the debtor countries. This set the pattern:

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

And it turned out to be that for this group of 34 people, 结果显示,刚刚的34位年轻人, the algorithm based on semantic coherence could predict, 透过这个语义连贯性算法, with 100 percent accuracy, who developed psychosis and w

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Thank you so much. Tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own destiny, the task of perfecting our union moves forward. It moves forward because of you. It moves forward because you reaffirmed the spirit that

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future. 你改变不了过去,但如果你过于忧虑未来,就会毁了现在。 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.2

Finance and economics 金融商业 Banking for immigrants-Far-sighted 移民金融未来福地 Catering to foreign-born customers is a growing niche in finance 迎合外来国民的金融需求,正逐渐成为金融中的利基市场 MOST banks wou

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

Twelve days ago the Golden State Warriors were down two games in the conference finals. Their chances of winning the series looked bleak, but the overwhelming consensus was that if any team could come back from a 3-1 deficit, it would be the historic

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Apple said it was revamping its App Store with a new revenue-sharing model for app developers and, for the first time, search-related advertising. 苹果公司日前宣布,App Store将为应用开发者引入新的收益分成机制,并将首次允

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

正是这种孩子气的好奇给了热情的人们(不论年龄大小)一种青春的气息。大提琴家帕布罗?卡萨尔斯在90岁时还坚持以拉巴赫开始他的每一天音乐从他的指间流出, 他弯着的背挺直起来, 欢乐

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名篇背诵

And among those 1.6 million new businesses will be the future Alibaba, the future Huawei, 在这160万个新企业中会有未来的阿里巴巴、未来的华为 the future Wanda and perhaps the people running them are in this room today. 和未来的

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

We're about to enter a new phase of money. 一种新的货币模式正在逐渐形成。 The future of money is programmable. 未来的货币是可以程序化的, When we combine software and currency, money becomes more than just a static unit of

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

These institutions are standing in the way of innovation. 这些机构急需变革。 How many of you use Facebook photos, Google Photos, Instagram? 你们有多少人在用脸书相册、谷歌照片、Instagram呢? My photos are everywhere. They

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Hi, everybody. 大家好。 This week, I've been speaking about America's national securityour past, our present, and our future. 本周我想谈谈美国国家安全的过去,现在以及未来。 On Thursday, I outlined the future of our fight ag

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话