Fewer Creatures in Future Oceans Could Provide Less Food 海洋生物大量减少在未来只能提供更少的食物 Warming oceans will cause big changes in the biodiversity of sea life. That is a finding from the largest study ever of marine plant

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-16 The Future of Bitcoins 比特币的未来 Bitcoin is a digital currency used by terrorists and drug dealers, as well as major companies like Microsoft and Overstock.com. 比特币是一种电子货币,除了微软和Overstock.co

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

First of all, for those of you who 首先,对你们所有 are not familiar with my work, 不熟悉我的工作的人, I create multicultural characters, 我创造了一个多重角色, so characters from lots of different backgrounds. 那些角色

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

We are at a moment in which the rage of uncertainties is unusually wide. We have just passed through the worst financial crisis since World War Two. It is quantitatively much larger and qualitatively different from other financial crisis. The only re

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

为未来清洁能源投资-奥巴马演讲 Hi, everybody. Im speaking to you this week from a factory in Petersburg, Virginia, where theyre bringing on more than 100 new workers to build parts for the next generation of jet engines. 大家好。本周

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

我们都会有恐惧的时刻,关键在于如何克服恐惧。 Fear has never been a good adviser, neither in our personal lives nor in our society. Cultures and societies that are shaped by fear, will without doubt not get a grip on the future.

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Australia's promise 澳大利亚的未来 The next Golden State 下一个黄金州 With a bit of self-belief, Australia could become a model nation 再多一些自信,澳大利亚可以成为一个模范国家 May 26th 2011 | from the print edition

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

JUDY WOODRUFF: Joining us now to analyze this Congress, how it performed, and the emerging political risks are two familiar faces to us at the NewsHour. Todd Zwillich is the Washington correspondent for The Takeaway of Public Radio International and

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

The messages we choose to broadcastboth on and offline not only predict our levels of happiness and success, but that of the people in our life. Our words have the power to fuel performance and influence business and educational outcomes. 不论通过何

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

近日,《科学》杂志在线报道称,剑桥大学的科学家们通过使用两种干细胞以及一个三维支架,成功地创造出了一个能够自行组装的结构,其发育和构造非常接近自然的小鼠胚胎。科学家的研

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Special delivery is a black horse in the Chinese economy. No one had foreseen it would gallop at such speed. Riding on the country's beneficial policy and the insatiable market demand created by online shopping, the sector's growth has been amazing.

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Sarina的第一首乐曲Mystery Man收录於加拿大的Captain 唱片公司发行的自由曲风合辑Freestyle Is Alive In '95,但要到1996年,当她参与教授意大利孩童以英语歌唱的活动时,才被EMI意大利分部的Nico Spinosa所发掘,正式开始其歌艺事业。在2001年她推出首张个人单曲Look

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

He forecasts the economy will shrink by 3.5% this year, and to put it into context that is a big downward revision from his prediction in November of a shrinkage of 1.25%. But he did say the economy will start to recover by the end of this year. And

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

First, let me explain what awesome careers look like. They don't look like nice linear graphs, where you're moving up a little bit each month. (Heck, even so-so careers don't look like that. You don't move up every month. You get a bit better at your

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Imagine that we had this magic paper. 假设这是张有魔法的纸。 So the way that this paper works is I can give you a sheet of it and if you write something on it, 当我把这张纸给你后,你在纸上写的任何东西 it will magically

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

It's the idea of permission-less innovation. 这个想法是一个不需要授予权限的革新。 The Internet caused an explosion of innovation, because it was built upon an open architecture. 互联网促成了改革爆炸,因为它是建立在一

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Now when this works, it's because there are large institutions underwriting every 1 or 0 that changes on a computer. 这是因为有庞大的机构来保障电脑程序里1、0之间变化的可靠性。 And when it doesn't, it's often the fault of t

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

We're not at this world yet, but it's coming. 那样的世界还未到来,但很快就能实现。 Right now, it's like we're in a world that is seeing the first automobile. 现在的状况就类似于当初汽车的首次亮相。 The first crypto

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Nature conservation 保护自然 The constant gardener 永恒的守护者 The future of wilderness 荒野的未来 Sep 17th 2011 | from the print edition Rambunctious Garden: Saving Nature in a Post-Wild World. By Emma Marris. Bloomsbury; 224 pages;

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

I choose for my subject faith wrought into life, apart from creed or dogma. By faith I mean a vision of good one cherishes and the enthusiasm that pushes one to seek its fulfillment regardless of obstacles. Faith is a dynamic power that breaks the ch

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间