People love their automobiles. They allow us to go where we want to when we want to. They're a form of entertainment, they're a form of art, a pride of ownership. Songs are written about cars. Prince wrote a great song: Little Red Corvette. He didn't

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2016年

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2016年

This is TALK OF THE NATION. I'm Neal Conan, in Washington. Technology's already changed our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined just a few years ago, and now seems ready to reinvent our future. As we continue our series of conversations looking a

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Science and Technology Three-dimensional printing An image of the future 科技 3D印刷 印刷未来 One of the biggest manufacturers in the world gives 3D printing a go 世界龙头机器制造商用3D印刷术进行了一次格外成功的应用 U

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

China's pool of high-earning consumers is set to surge in the next 15 years, a report showed. 一份报告显示,未来15年,我国高收入消费者数量将激增。 The number of people with a disposable income of at least $10,000 per year is

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Some Britons love ringing church bells so much that they think it ought to be an Olympic sport. 一些英国人如此喜爱在教堂敲钟,以致觉得它该被列为奥运会项目。 There are magazines devoted to bell ringing, there are bell-rin

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

While experts are developing 'greener' alternative fuel sources, a group of undergrads are creating a more natural one. 当专家们还在研发更环保的燃料时,一群在校生已经开始制作一种天然的燃料。 The team is working towa

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Scientists think it will be possible to record people's dreams and then interpret them, according to a new report. They claim to have developed a system which allows them to record higher level brain activity. Dr Moran Cerf told the journal Nature: W

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Coal 煤炭 The fuel of the future, unfortunately 很不幸,这便是未来的能源 A cheap, ubiquitous and flexible fuel, with just one problem 这是一种廉价、易得且用途广泛的燃料,但仅存在着一个问题 WHAT more could one

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

未来蔬菜长啥样? They look more like the brightly lit shelves of a chemists shop than the rows of a vegetable garden. 它们看起来更像是化学商店里一排排灯火通明的货架,而不是蔬菜园里的一排排菜架。 But accor

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

As a worker in the City of London for 20 years first in a lowly role at the Bank of England, then in a mid-ranking position at the now defunct Association for Payment Services Theresa May would not have imagined her current quandary. 特里萨?梅(Th

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Will this futuristic design signal the wave of the future for superyachts for the super-rich? Shaped like the top half of a star, the concept vessel measures 162 feet in length and more than 60 metres in height, and has over 3,500 square metres of lu

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The computer that solves the puzzle publishes its solution to the rest of the network and collects its reward: new bitcoins. 解开了谜题的计算机便把结果发布到互联网上,并获得新的比特币作为奖励。 And in the act of solv

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

演讲简介:许多人认为地图上的边界线已经无关紧要,但是Parag Khanna却持不同观点。借助于过去和现在的地图,他对世界范围内边界冲突的根源进行了剖析,也向各方提出了简单但是充满智慧

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

Reporter: Keeping track of carbohydrate intake, monitoring blood-sugar levels, and injecting insulin is a never-ending cycle for diabetics trying to stay healthy. Labs at Harvard University and MIT have realized major advances in engineering to maint

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

We are reading the first verse of the first chapter of a book whose pages are infinite...我们正在读一本书的第一章第一行,这本书的页数是无限的 I do not know who wrote those words, but I have always liked them as a reminder th

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

01. I'm over my credit limit. 我的信用卡透支了。 02. Don't lavish on fashion too much 不要在潮流时尚上大手大脚地挥霍了。 03. You should keep a rational spending habit. 你应当养成一个理性的消费习惯。 04. I usua

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

通用汽车副总裁Larry Burns展示了颇具个性的下一代汽车设计:流线型,可定制(计算机控制增强型),使用清洁的氢气能源,并且未使用状态下还能为电网供电。

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

1. Why? Questions like Why did you close down your parts business rather than try to find a buyer for it? or Why did you decide to move to a product-based organization structure? which it sounds as if you're already asking not only show you've done y

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语