TED演讲:货币的未来(4)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
These institutions are standing 1 in the way of innovation. 这些机构急需变革。
How many of you use Facebook photos, Google Photos, Instagram? 你们有多少人在用脸书相册、谷歌照片、Instagram呢?
My photos are everywhere. They are on my phone, they're on my laptop, they're on my old phone, they're in Dropbox. 我的照片到处都是,比如手机、笔记本电脑、旧手机、Dropbox。
They're on all these different websites and services. And most of these services don't work together. 从这些各种各样的网站、服务器上都可以找到我的照片。但大部分的网站却没有建立互相合作。
They don't inter-operate. And as a result, my photo library is a mess. 更不存在交互操作。结果可想而知,我的相册全是乱糟糟的。
Now, the same thing happens when institutions control the money supply. 同样的情况也发生在货币控制机构。
A lot of these services don't inter-operate, and as a result, this blocks what we can do with payment. 很多这些服务商并没有进行互相合作,这限制了我们付款行为。
And it makes transaction costs go up. So far, we've been through two phases of money. 这也使得交易费用的上涨。截至到现在,我们已经经历了两种货币形式。
In an analog 2 world, we had to deal with these physical objects, and money moved at a certain speed -- the speed of humans. 在模拟世界里,我们不得不处理客观物品,货币移动的速度也就是人们的速度。
In a digital world, money can reach much farther and is much faster, but we're at the mercy of these gatekeeper institutions. 但在数字世界,货币可以达到更远的地方,速度也更快,但依旧受货币机构的控制。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
标签:
TED演讲