A growing number of people think their job is useless. Time to rethink the meaning of work 越来越多的人认为自己的工作毫无用途,是时候重新思考工作的意义了 A great deal has been written in recent years about the perils of

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

第20期:你愿意到国外工作吗? Tina: Are you willing to work abroad? Du Yu: Why not? It's the very reason why I've applied for this job. It's really exciting for me to experience business in an international environment. Tina: How about your f

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英语口语

When my son was a high-school sophomore, he got a part-time job sacking groceries at a supermarket. He came home all smiles. 我儿子在一所中学读二年级时,在一家超级市场找到了一份包装商品的业余工作。他满面笑容地回

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

双语:如何一边全职工作一边兼职创业 在拥有一份全职工作的同时经营一家初创公司,可以让你发现另一种激情和创业精神,而不用担心初创公司失败带来的困境。 Im a big believer in a multi-passi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

A: Good morning, this is Ray speaking. Is Lee in? B: Hi, Ray. This is Lee. A: Good morning, Lee. How is it going with you today? B: Things are wonderful. What can I help you with? A: Could we meet for lunch tomorrow to discuss the new project? B: Tha

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: Hello, this is Ray. May I speak with Lee? B: Yes, this is Lee speaking. A: Hi, Lee. How are you today? B: Oh, things are going great. What's up? A: I was wondering if you could meet me tomorrow for lunch? B: Sure! Where did you have in mind? A: I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

Do you love being out in the fresh air all the time? Does the idea of being stuck inside at work for at least eight hours a day make you want to cry? Some people aren't cut out for office work or other jobs that would force them to spend all their ti

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Men in Britain are less engaged in their work compared with women until the final years of employment when they get a late surge of enthusiasm, according to a survey. Men start off their careers at a much lower level of job satisfaction than women, o

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

中英对照求职面试题:你为什么想为我们工作 Questions Asked in an Interview Why do you want to work for us? This is an obvious question and if you have done your research on the company you should be able to give a good reason. Org

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

In the collective imagination, there are two Europes: the industrious north, with relatively low unemployment and dynamic economies, and the sluggish south, where people would just as soon kick back, sip an espresso and watch the world go by. Many pe

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

What would you say when you are under work pressure, stressed out and frantic or challenged and energized? There's very little physiological difference between the two, says a growing contingent of experts who claim work stress has an upside. These e

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

你的生活充满激情吗?你热爱现在的工作吗?如果不是,请看看专家是怎么说的,也许会对你有所帮助。 Some people think that passion and work are not supposed to mix. After all, we work to make a living, not to fe

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

Finance and economics: Women and work The power of parity 财经:女人和工作,平等的力量 The world would be a much richer place if more women had paying jobs. 如果更多女性参与有偿工作,世界将会更加富裕。 Joan Rivers,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

A three-day-week gets the best performance from workers aged over 40, a study has found. 一项研究发现,40岁以上的人如果每周上三天班,工作表现最佳。 Researchers found the cognitive performance of middle-aged people improved

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. dirty work:指的是必须要做的但很无聊或很难的工作,其实也就是做苦工,或者是吃力不讨好的工作。 例句:更多信息请访问:http://www.24en.com/ He did the dirty work on that project. 他在那个项目中做

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

实用口语:工作真辛苦 如今工作真是越来越辛苦,想想当初在面试时拼个你死我活,好容易杀出条血路卖身成功, 工作为了生活,生活就是工作,何等悲壮!那么,今天我们就来跟大家说些有

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

personnel system 人事制度 personnel management 人事管理 office hour 办公时间 company time 工作时间 work hour 工作时间 eight-hour shift 八小时工作制 shift 轮班 morning session 上午班 evening/night shift 小/大夜班 day

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

有些话我们不经意间脱口而出,也许自己没感觉到什么不妥,却给听者留下了不好的印象。生活中有那么一些我们应该避免使用的语句,今天我们来看看在工作场合哪些话是不该说的。 Don't

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

With job searches taking longer, there are more jobseekers bumping up against their severance deadline (or their own mental deadline that tells them they should have found a job by now). 随着找工作花的时间长了,越来越多的求职者发现

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

The robot takeover of the world may not be as dramatic as we thought. It won't come in the form of explosions, but rather in the form of employment. Yikes. 机器人掌管世界不会像我们想象的那么戏剧化。它会以受雇佣,而不是爆

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻