A: How do I know when to tell EDD that have I started a new job? B: Work is work, whether its a part-time or temporary job or a full-time gig. A: So I guess I have to report that Ive found a little bit of work. B: All you need to do is fill in the bl

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

A: What should I do when I find a job? B: There are a few considerations. Is this a part-time or full-time job? A: Does it make a difference? B: Basically, you really dont need to do much of anything. On the Continued Claim Form, you will note that y

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

A job well done A: Good morning. Phyllis Seymour speaking. B: Hi, Ms. Seymour? Its Allan Parker. Ive been waiting to call you and thank you for all your help last week. A: Thank you very much, Mr. Parker. But, that is my job. B: Well, I want to let y

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Work, Labor, and Play So far as I know, Miss Hannah Arendt was the first person to define the essential difference between work and labor. To be happy, a man must feel, firstly, free and, secondly, im

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

Behavioral research discloses that human relations at work are just easier, perhaps because they are more regular and predictable and thus simpler to adjust to than the sporadic, the more intense and

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

5 Ways to Get Stuff Done, When You'd Rather Not 快速完成工作的五个方法 As the toughest day of the week draws to a close, are you having trouble making progress on your to-do list? You don't need to pack up for the day with a sense of failu

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

要知道一份工作是不是适合你,衡量的标准是人际关系呢,还是工作的具体内容呢,或者是你未来的职业目标呢?如果适合你,那还不错;但是如果工作不适合你,那么到底是哪里不对劲了呢

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

A: Could you help me figure out how to look for a job? B: We have lots of options, what type of job do you need? A: I want to work in an office B: Do you want to work part-time or full-time? A: I want to work full-time. B: We have binders with local

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: I was wondering if you could help me use the Student Job Center. B: There are many ways; what kind of job would you like? A: I want to work in a restaurant. B: Fine! Will you need part-time or full-time work? A: I want to work part-time. B: Fine,

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: What is the best way to find a job here? B: There are different ways of conducting a job search. Do you know what you want to do? A: I don't know. B: Can you work part-time or full-time? A: It doesn't matter right now, either one would be OK. B: T

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

Working less hours each week will help boost the economy by creating more jobs and improving quality of life, according to a think tank。 The New Economics Foundation (NEF) will meet with other experts at an event in London this week to find a solut

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Ministry of Labour 劳工部(美作:Department of Labor) labour market 劳工市场,劳务市场 Labour exchange, Employment exchange 职业介绍所(美作:Employment Bureau) labour man

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Clergy: The least worldly are reported to be the happiest of all. 神职人员:最不谙世事的工作据说是最幸福的工作。 Firefighters: 80 per cent of firefighters are very satisfied with their jobs, which involve helping people. 消防员

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

New employees are often expected to be energetic and motivated at the beginning of their careers. However, from the newbies' perspective, a guarantee of time off and a reasonable work-life balance might be more important. 人们总是期望新员工能

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

A three-day-week gets the best performance from workers aged over 40, a study has found. 一项研究发现,40岁以上的人如果每周上三天班,工作表现将会达到最佳。 Researchers found the cognitive performance of middle-aged peo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

If only it were possible to really know what a job will be like, before you take it. Unfortunately, no matter how carefully you prepare and weigh the pros and cons before accepting a new position, there's no way to be 100 percent sure what you're get

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Men in Britain are less engaged in their work compared with women until the final years of employment when they get a late surge of enthusiasm, according to a survey. 一项调查显示,英国男性的工作热情不如女性,直到退休时他们才

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

有时不论你多么努力想把事情做好,总觉得工作带给你的伤害似乎多于益处。原因可能在于你并不适合这份工作,或是由于该行业的不确定性让你焦虑,还可能因为减薪导致了购买压力。 Som

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语