Lesson 9 The Speech and the Vote 演讲与表决 Words: amalgamate v. 混合,合并 amass vt. 收集,积聚 amateur adj. 业余的 n. 业余爱好者 amaze vt. 使吃惊,使惊叹 ambience n. 周围环境,气氛 ambition n. 雄心,抱负 ambitious adj. 有雄心的,渴望成功的 ambival

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Hunger and Conflict in South Sudan, Nigeria, Yemen According to the Famine Early Warning Systems Network, or FEWS NET, in 2017, some 70 million people across 45 countries will need emergency food assistance. Severe drought and economic instability ar

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(四月)

Lisa与KYLE两位豪门贵妇之间的战火再次升级,人生攻击相互报复,两人之间的矛盾导致两个家庭之间出现不和,她们之间究竟发生了什么事情呢?敬请期待本期节目。

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 比弗利娇妻 第四季

Why-Talks-Weird Language 为什么-话题-怪誕的语言 Let's face it:English is a stupid language. 不要怀疑:英语是一种愚蠢的语言。 There is no egg in the eggplant,no ham in the hamburger,and neither pine nor apple in the pineapple

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 一片通英语听力

A: Would you like to go to the cinema with me? 你愿意跟我去电影院看电影吗? B: That's a good idea. What's on? 好主意。现在演什么片? A: Gone with the wind. 《飘》 A: What's on at the cinema tonight? 今晚电影院上演什么

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

图片1 indicate vt.指出,显示 例句:Research indicates that men find it easier to give up smoking than women. 研究表明,男人比女人更容易戒烟。 indicative adj. 指示的,预示的 例句:Their failure to act is partly in

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

And that brings me to what I see is a paradox. 这在我看来是一个巨大的悖论 The modern world is an incredible source of innovation 现代世界是一个无可比拟的创新之源 and Stanford stands at the center of that, 斯坦福则位于

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

今天要学的词是incompatible。Incompatible就是两样东西不相容的、矛盾的。 罗马教皇在讲话中除了引用引起争论的那句话外。他还说:Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul, 暴力

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Section A: (保留原书内容,跟着音频君边读边记忆,体会单词的发音和用法) 1. altercation n. 争吵 The teacher halted the altercation by separating the two opponents before they could come to blows. 老师在敌对的双方互

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

同种的 在床上 睡着的 大声的 渴望的吵醒 走向更底的位置 避开 修正无色的无底的希腊神话的女战士 ab 离开 扔掉 抛弃 释放 ad 方向变化完成附加开始 加

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

正确选项的特征: 1 符合主题很多正确选项都是和主题直接或间接相关,所以只要把握好文章的主题,不要进行主观推断或臆断,答案就在眼前. 2 原文改写六级当中的正确答案很多时候是原文当

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

But that is not the only surprise. People began to realize that these tiny star-like things or they looked like stars are actually putting out as much energy as a hundred of galaxies. And they didnt look like a galaxy at all. The paradox was how some

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

I mean, it can't get more depressing 我是说 没有更让人沮丧的了 You have, in fact, already begun to die 你们实际上已经开始迈向死亡 You look great 你们气色很好 Don't get me wrong. And you know, you are youth and beauty不要

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Part I Writing Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will As we have read from above, quitting-smoking seems easy, but in reality it is rarely achieved. There is something provoking and interesting in this paradox, just because sword does not wear the st

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

在日常生活中时常会有跟人意见不合产生摩擦的事儿。不论是亲友家人、隔壁邻居还是商场对手之间都可能发生矛盾, 而且人与人之间的成见和积怨会旷日持久地延续下去。我们今天要学的三

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

It will always be in conflict 总会有矛盾斗争 If you accept that, everything gets a lot better如果你接受这一事实 一切都会好得多 The other reason is 另一个原因是 because you are establishing your identities and your beliefs因

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

I believe these contradictions and these tensions我认为这些矛盾 这些张力 are the greatest gift that we have 是我们所拥有的最伟大天赋 and hopefully, I can explain that 希望我能解释明白 But first let me say 首先我要说的

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

正确选项的特征: 1、符合主题很多正确选项都是和主题直接或间接相关,所以只要把握好文章的主题,不要进行主观推断或臆断,答案就在眼前. 2、原文改写六级当中的正确答案很多时候是原文

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

【模仿句子】 We begin with the surveillance row between the government and judiciary in Germany. It all centres on accusations that a political blog may have revealed state secrets. 【翻译】我们首先来关注德国政府和司法部之间关

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

浏览文章是雅思阅读的必备策略。做题时,通常先阅读题目,然后通过题目中的关键词到文章中定位,最后找到答案。但是若遇到某些题型,单纯依靠定位就不合时宜了,即使侥幸做对,那也

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语