EXPLORATIONS - America's Interstate Highway System Has Almost 70,000 Kilometers of Roads By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: In 19

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Someone really should do something about the traffic. Its terrible. Its getting worse every day. There are so many cars on the roads these days. Its a nightmare driving in the city. Bumper to bumper even at midnight. I dont know where all this traffi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-T

Problems at the nation's second busiest airport are just adding to holiday travel troubles today. A passenger jet slid off the runway as it was taxiing into takeoff position Wednesday night at Chicago O'Hare Airport. An FAA spokeswoman says the Amer

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2008年(十二)月

There Was a Crooked Man 有一个罗锅老头 There was a crooked man, 从前有个罗锅老头, Who walked a crooked mile, 走了一段弯曲的路, He found a crooked sixpence 在破破烂烂的台阶边, Against a crooked stile; 看到皱巴巴

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 幼儿英语童谣朗读

EXPLORATIONS -January 23, 2002: National Highway System By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Several ye

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

AS IT IS 2016-01-29 Boko Haram Dents Chad, Cameroon Economies 博科圣地损害乍得和喀麦隆经济 Attacks from Boko Haram militants are hurting the economies of Chad and northern Cameroon. 博科圣地武装分子的袭击损害了乍得和喀麦

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Our Love Will Always Last As we walk this land Side by side, hand in hand I know that some clouds may pass But if we hold on tight And love with all our might Then the throwns in our life will never last And the roads may sometimes be unpaved You may

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

新东方赵丽词汇课堂 Lesson 108听力下载

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

1. New Defense Secretary Robert Gates has wrapped up his visit to Iraq. He says he hopes to update President Bush over the weekend on what he leaned there. He isn't saying whether he'll recommend incr

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

VOICE ONE: This is Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: Half Dome in Yosemite National Park And this is Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about one of the most famous national parks in the United States. You can find it h

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(一)月

Todd: What were the road conditions like that you were riding on? Julia: I'd say at least half, maybe more than half were unpaved roads. Thankfully Cambodia is very flat so it wasn't so difficult. We averaged about seventy, eighty kilometres a day bu

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Snow Travel Chaos If you are thinking about coming to Britain for Christmas, it might be a good idea to think again. Thats because thousands of Christmas travellers have been stranded in the UK as adverse weather conditions caused massive disruption

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

英语学习笔记: devil n. 魔鬼 beholder n. 旁观者 speak of the devil. Talk of the devil. 说曹操曹操就到。 When in Rome, do as the Romans do. 入乡随俗 All roads lead to Rome. 条条大路通罗马。 Beauty is in the eyes of the

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Paul: Goron: Hello, my name is Goron. Im from Italy. Win: My name is Win. Im from Vietnam. Michael: My name is Michael. Im from Norway. Goron: So today, were going to discuss about mega cities. So do you have mega cities in your countries? Win: Well,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

> 59 公路与农作物抢夺地盘 DATE=8-27-01 TITLE=DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Cars and Crops BYLINE=Jill Moss (Start at 1’01” )This is Bill White with the VOA Special English Development Report.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 自然探索

Hurts just the same when you fall When you let it go Believing is easier Than being left alone You're stranded in the sunlight Searching for a shadow I'm staring at a black and white world Outside the window How many roads do you have to walk? How ma

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Remarks by the President on transportation infrastructure 暂无音频 Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. March 3, 2009 10:00 A.M. EST THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Thank you, DOT. (Applause.) Thank you very much. Please, have a seat. Thank you.

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Record temperatures and the hottest day of the year so far. Parts of Britain have outstripped temperatures in Bermuda and Rio today. Council gritters have been out treating roads to stop them melting. Health warnings have been issued for the elderly

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi holds talks with a special envoy to Palestinian President Mahmood Abbas over the situation in the Middle East. Life in both Gaza

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 2012CRI中国国际广播电台

今天我们要学的词是 unusable. Unusable 形容词,意思是无法使用的。南苏丹部分地区已陷入饥荒,To make matters worse, aid workers say once rain arrives in April, roads will be cut off and airstrips will become unusable. 更

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃