Get off the road, get off the street,as get off the sidewalks,as emergency deepen.Tonight New York city is shutting down the street at 11 PM.As the city breeae for what could be blazer of storm proportion,of the three feeds of self** predict the blan

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2015年1月

Weep not for roads untraveled. Weep not for paths left alone 'cause beyond every bend is a long blinding end. 不要因未走过的旅途而哭泣,不要因错过的道路而伤心,因为每条岔路,都通向炫目的尽头。(Linkin Park) 图片

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.6

It was Christmas Eve.An aged man was standing on the balcony,with uneasy,alarmed and pessimistic expression;he sighed for his miserable fate, and raised his sad eyes,gazed at the sparking stars in the deep blue sky. A falling star depicted a curve in

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 24篇魔术美文串记4级词汇

听遍美国之社会新闻[8]:Israeli Troops Have Killed a Palestinian Farmer in the Gaza Strip In the Middle East, Israeli troops have killed a Palestinian farmer in the Gaza Strip【加沙地带】. It happened after bomb explosions(1) near Jewish settlements【

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 听遍美国

Cameroon Heart Patients: A Bumpy Road to Care YAOUNDE, CAMEROON The best heart care in central Africa is probably found in a sophisticated cardiac care center outside of Kumbo Town, 450 kilometers northwest of Cameroons capital, Yaounde. But the loca

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

倾盆大雨: The roads are flooded after a period of exceptionally torrential rain. 很多地方的道路都被淹了,通不了车。 As soon as I got outside, it started pouring. 我刚一出门就开始下大雨。 It was pouring with rain and

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Bruno Mars最新单曲《Young Girls》,他的假音转得人都醉了,高音令人如痴如醉,火星哥真是每一次都不会让歌迷失望。 歌词: I spent all my money on a big ol' fancy car For these bright eyed honeys Oh yeah you k

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

England is struggling with the heaviest snowfall to hit the country in nearly two decades. Among the hardest-hit regions are London and surrounding areas. Travel disruption and massive cancellations are widespread. A pedestrian falls over in North L

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(二月)

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus. This week on our program, we tell you about a popular area for outdoor activities in the state of West Virginia. (MUSIC: Country Roads)

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

NATO Trucks Remain Stalled in Pakistans Southern Port Some trucks and drivers have been waiting for months to return to the road. Entry points to Afghanistan were closed after the United States mistakenly killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in an airstrike

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Major Winter Storm Threatens Much of US 冬季风暴威胁美国 WASHINGTON A massive winter storm is threatening vast regions of the United States from the South and Midwest to the East Coast. For weeks, winter weather has pummeled the United States

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(二月)

Exercise 1 -14: Make a Variable Stress Sentence CD 1 Track 21 Now you decide which words should be emphasized. Write a normal, everyday sentence with atleast seven words and put it through as many changes as possible. Try to make a pitch changefor ea

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 标准美语发音的13个秘诀 CD1

India is building new roads, airports and power plants to cater to the needs of an economy that is growing at a rapid pace. But, infrastructure continues to be woefully inadequate. 印度正在修建新的道路、机场、发电站,以满足经济高

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

今天我们要学的词是endanger。 Endanger, 意思是带来威胁。维基揭密公布了大批美国机密外交电文。 The White House condemned the release and said the disclosures might endanger U.S. informants abroad, 白宫对维基揭密公

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The other day I went for a walk in the park with a friend of mine. We don't see eachother very much because she is busy taking a nursing degree, so it was a treat to spend some time together. The day couldn't have been any nicer. It was a cool but ve

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Well, the Home Secretary John Reid has warned mini-motorbike riders that their machines or mini-motors could be confiscate d and crushed in a national crackdown. Offenders could also find themselves with points on their driving licenses even if they

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

谁说阳光个性男孩不愿与乡村 音乐 沾边,谁说乡村音乐人不可以成为时髦年轻人的偶象?听听美国俄亥俄三个帅气男孩组Rascal Flatts的country music,你会惊喜的发现,原来乡村可和rock一样精彩~结合了electronic,pop,rock,country......等音乐元素,曲风流畅、清新,

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

More than two weeks after the earthquake in China that killed more than 68,000 people and left nearly five million others homeless, Chinese officials are working on plans for reconstruction. 中国在两个多星期前发生的大地震,造成六万八

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

In 2011 the Rugby World Cup will be held in New Zealand for the second time. Many of the games will be held in Auckland and some games will have up to 60,000 people attending. With a lot of extra people moving around the city there could be some seri

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

On The Navajo Nation, 5,000 Workers Dependent On A Federal Paycheck SCOTT SIMON, HOST: The Navajo Nation president says that Congress should exempt the tribe from the partial federal government shutdown. Historically, treaties have guaranteed the Nav

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月