Security has been stepped up at foreign embassies in Rome. Two parcel bombs have exploded at the Swiss and Chilean embassies, injuring two people. Italian police are now checking all embassies and consulates as a precaution. No one has yet claimed re

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

必背句型: A:The tribunal's terms of reference do not cover traffic offences. 法庭的授权调查事项不包括交通肇事罪。 B:Really?I didn't know before. 真的吗?我原来不知道。 The tribunal's terms of reference do not include

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Heavy rain has been falling in Gansu Province which was hit by an earthquake on Monday, and this has hampered the transportation of relief materials into the disaster zone. As CRI's He Fei reports, relief materials such as tents and quilts remain in

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

For a city built on beer, the signs surround us. Beverages flow freely for most any event. Ive been around and seen some things, and as far as the drunkest city goes, its still Milwaukee. No.1 thats where Milwaukee landed on the list of 40 drunkest c

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

Redfield, New York, received twelve feet of snow last week. Its neighbors in Oswego are jealous because they got only ten feet of snow. An Oswego resident told a TV reporter that one more storm was coming in that would determine the winner. I hope we

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Experts Worry That Road Salt Harms US Waters Communities in the Northern parts of the United States have used salt to keep icy roads safe during winter for many years. But, some experts now say salt harms nearby fresh water supplies. Putting salt on

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Let's knowing that your door is always open and your path is free to walk That makes me tend to leave my sleeping bag rolled up and stashed behind your couch And it's knowing I'm not shackled by forgotten words and bonds And the ink stains that have

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

Sometimes I find that I get too sentimental when I think of you Sometimes it helps to play some heavy heavy metal But somehow heavy metal makes me think of you too I met you on a road of corduroy and maple and I sang to you Early one morning drinking

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Every Sunday, more than a million people in Bogota join what has become a weekly ritual: congregating on the city's main roads temporarily turned into a network of bike paths known as the Ciclovia. In a city of seven million people, Sunday mornings a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

Work crews have started paving Southern Sudan's first highway, which will connect the new nation to the international community. This highway brings the south one step closer to full independence. A military band welcomed Southern Sudan's president,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

Helen: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. Im Helen. Zo?: 欢迎收听今天的地道英语,我是刘佳。 Helen: Today were going to look at words and phrases that have recently become part of the English language. Zo?: 在今天的节目

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

By Sabina Castelfranco Khartoum 15 March 2008 The U.N. World Food Program says efforts to bring food to people in Sudan's troubled Darfur region are continuing, despite logistical challenges. WFP says insufficient security on the roads has led to att

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

Parliament began again yesterday after the Christmas break. Two important matters made the news today from Parliament. The first matter was to put more money into the economy and provide jobs. The government is putting $500,000 in to economy for majo

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

When time was young we walked the roads together When love was sweet i meant the world to you Now comes the sun we'll say goodbye forever And teardrops will kiss the morning dew Take me and make me your lover one more time Close in your arms as befo

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

今天我们要学的词是crossroads。 Crossroads, 十字路口。 I have reached a crossroads in my career, 我在事业上面临着一个十字路口。不久前,几内亚总统孔戴病逝。 Guinea is at the crossroads again, facing the daunt

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 01 May 2008 India is building new roads, airports and power plants to cater to the needs of an economy that is growing at a rapid pace. But, as Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, infrastructure continues to be woeful

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Country Road Takes Me Home 乡村路,带我回家 英文歌词: Almost Heaven, West Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenangoah River Life is old there, older than the trees Younger than the mountains Growing like a breeze Country Roads, take me ho

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition British Prime Minister David Cameron plays down the prospect of military intervention in Syria by the international community. Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti says

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 2012CRI中国国际广播电台

A big increase in the number of Chinese tourists driving on New Zealand roads has prompted authorities to launch a series of high-profile road safety campaigns to warn about the dangers of driving in foreign countries. As CCTV New Zealand corresponde

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Many of the traditional wooden house boats that were a big draw for Indian and foreign tourists on the palm-fringed inland lagoons in Kerala are standing idle during the peak season. 这里的很多传统木制船屋曾经让印度内外的游客深深

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(1661) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(二月)