THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: Nixon Resigns Over Watergate STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. This week in our series, we conclude the story of the thirty-seventh pr

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Leading the news this morning.Prime minister Julia Gillard has warned her colleagues against leaking to the media ahead of today's resumption of federal parliament. The government begins the election year well behind in the polls, Opposition leader T

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

ACT III Ladies and gentlemen, 各位女士、先生, Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City. 我很高兴的宣布:Amtrak火车就要到达纽约了。 The train will be stopping

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

ACT II OK, Richard. That's terrific. 很好,Richard。 真不错。 Your pressure is 120 over 75, and that's fine. 你的收缩压是120,舒张压75。挺好的。 Now stand up, please. 现在请站

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

ACT III Grandpa, Ellen, Philip, Robbie, you and me. 爷爷、Ellen、Philip、Robbie,你和我。 That's six steaks. 六份牛排。 Don't forget Susan. 别忘了Susan。 Seven steaks. 七份牛排。

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

走遍美国,ACT III I'm so glad everyone is asleep. 很高兴大家都睡了。 I thought Max would be crying, and everybody would be awake. 我还以为Max会哭个不停,让大家都睡不着。 What did I te

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

走遍美国,ACT I Hot dogs. I love hot dogs. 热狗。我喜欢热狗。 There is nothing better than a hot dog in the country. 在美国乡村没有比热狗更好的东西了。 Hot dogs and mustard. 热狗和芥

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

Deep in the jungles of Guatemala lie the ruins of a lost Maya civilization. The culture thought of as the classic Maya flourished across Central America between 250-900 AD. But archeologists are now discovering a Maya society that existed a full thou

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

I thought he just liked to think that his ancestors were knights, said Jessie. But I guess it really could be true. Violet slowly turned the pages. There were several paintings of members of the Worthington family. This is Lady Worthington. Violet po

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 103 The Sword of the Silver Kn

Former Beatles Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney have reunited. Well, at least for a couple of songs on Ringo's latest album, Y Not. It seems like old times when you hear Ringo Starr playing drums and Paul McCartney on the bass for Ringo's Peace Dream.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

ACT III Two weeks. I said I could do it in two weeks, and I did it. 两周。我说过我两周就能完成,现在我做到了。 The pictures you've taken are fabulous, Richard. 你拍的照片太精采

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

ACT II Good morning. 早安。 Good morning. My name is Richard Stewart. 早安。我叫Richard Stewart。 I'm here to see Mr. Carlson. 我来见Carlson先生。 Mr. Carlson will be with you shortly.

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

ACT I What are you doing? 你在干什么? I think I've got them. 我想我已经拍齐了。 You think you've got what? 你想你已经拍齐了什么? Performing arts--performing arts centers. 表

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

Three American Presidents Three American Presidents are on the Titanic. It hits a huge iceberg. It starts sinking very quickly. Jimmy Carter yells, Quick, save the women and children! Richard Nixon says, Screw the women and children.Bill Clinton says

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Task 2: Ill get a camera. One day just before closing time, John rushed into a TV store to buy a color TV set with the money he had saved for three months. The friendly shop assistant was waiting for the days last and 100th customer to reach his sale

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

For a moment the two knights stood there uncertainly. But the pause did not last long. The Blue Knight dropped his sword, as if by accident. The Silver Knight dashed over to pick it up. He held the sword out boldly in front of him. The Blue Knight re

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 103 The Sword of the Silver Kn

The Nautilus passed over these lush, luxuriant depths with tremendous speed. 诺第留斯号极端迅速地驶过。 Near evening it approached the Falkland Islands, whose rugged summits I recognized the next day. 到了晚上,它走近福克兰群岛

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

To Richard Woodhouse, 27 October 1818 My dear Woodhouse, The best answer I can give you is in a clerk-like manner to make some observations on two principle points, which seem to point like indices into the midst of the whole pro and con, about geniu

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

[Note: I originally covered this topic September 16, 2006. The transcript you see now on the page is a new version that was updated March 5, 2009. Some of the reader comments at the bottom relate to the earlier version.] Grammar Girl here. Today's to

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Time is like a dream and now for a time you are mine Let's hold fast to the dream that tastes and sparkles like wine who knows if it's real Or just something we are both dreaming of what seems like an interlude now Could be the beginning of love lo

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 珍藏经典老歌