Journalist: What qualities does a university require when 1) enrolling students and what changes when they leave school? Richard: That’s a good one. The students coming into Yale, of course they hav

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., were at the Stewarts home in Riverdale, New York. The mail has just arrived. And in the mail is a cassette tape from Richard Stewart. Richard and his friend Andreas Pappas have sent a recorded mess

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

走遍美国,ACT II Oh, I love it! 哦,我太喜欢了! I love it! 我太喜欢它了! To be away from the city on such a beautiful day 在这样美好的一天远离都市 is my idea of heaven! 正是我所想

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

ACT II Right this way, Mr. and Mrs. Stewart. 走这边 ,Stewart先生和太太。 Well, it's small, but clean. 噢 ,它是小了点 ,但是干净。 Clean? You call this clean? 干净?这样算干

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

文本: J: So that's your source? Moriarty is Richard Brook? K: Of course he's Richard Brook, there is no Moriarty. There never has been. J: What are you talking about? K: Look him up. Rich Brook, an actor Sherlock Holmes hired to be Moriar

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

抛招1:Many people have phoned in to report seeing the kangaroo... We thought people were pulling our legs when first reported seeing them, a police spokesman said yesterday. 许多人打电话报告他们看到了袋鼠......警方发言人昨天说

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

Speaking A Minor Car Accident Jill: I had an accident last week. Richard: What happened? Jill: Somebody bumped into the rear end of my car. Richard: Were you hurt? Jill: No, but my car was damaged. Richard: You were very lucky that you weren't seriou

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

Mixed-Race Marriage Illegal in the US Until 1967 This case goes all the way back to the 1691. At that time, the colony of Virginia said people of different races could not get married. Restrictions against interracial marriage remained in effect well

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

如何洗手最干净?洗手液-肥皂杀菌效果大对决 Hand Sanitizers and Soaps Put to the Test ABC's Dr. Richard Besser compares the best ways for killing germs

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

About a month ago, my friend Richard called me and asked if he could come stay with me for a couple of weeks. I usually dont like having house guests, but Richard was a good friend. Hes an artist and he was thinking about moving to L.A. He wanted to

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Richard Holbrooke died Monday at the age of 69 after undergoing heart surgery. The longtime diplomat's death drew reaction from around the world. Words of praise showered from Islamabad to Brussels toward U.S. diplomat Richard Holbrooke, who died Mon

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

US Companies Help Families Adjust to Life Overseas Richard and Kim Choi knew life in China would require some adjustment. Richard works for an American automaker which transferred the couple and their three children from Miami to Shanghai almost thre

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Hollywood Composer Richard Sherman Inspires with Music 好莱坞作曲家理查德谢尔曼 LOS ANGELES Composer Richard Sherman and his brother, Robert, wrote the score for the 1964 Disney musical Mary Poppins and dozens of other hit films and telev

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Lesson Nineteen 听力部分 Dialogue Completion: Listen to the tape repeatedly and try to complete the following dialogues, using the exact words or phrases that you hear on the tape. A Older man: What can I do for you? Richard Collier: I __________

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第二册

Background: 维珍集团总裁 Richard Branson 向公众展示了世界上第一艘商业载人宇宙飞船。等通过严格的试航测试以后,六名乘客将有机会登上这艘子弹型飞船,真正感受宇宙旅行的刺激。 Its 60 fee

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Happy New Year! Everybody. This week, I traveled to Cleveland, Ohio, to talk with folks about the biggest challenge we face as a country rebuildour economy so that, once again, hard work pays off, responsibility is rewarded, and anyone, regardless of

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

今天我们要学的词是top-tier. Top-tier 意思是一流的。The University of Iowa's football team is looking to return to the top-tier teams in the Big 10 this season. 爱奥华大学美式足球校队鹰眼队本赛季将努力重新成为美国

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

December 5th, 1933Prohibition ends in the United States after more than a dozen years, as Utah ratifies the 21st Amendment to the constitution. That measure repeals the 18th Amendment, which had banned the manufacture, sale or transportation of alcoh

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

December 5th, 1933Prohibition ends in the United States after more than a dozen years, as Utah ratifies the 21st Amendment to the Constitution. That measure repeals the 18th Amendment, which had banned the manufacture, sale or transportation of alcoh

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

We did get something as a gift after the election.September 23rd, 1952 Future president Richard Nixon uses what's then a new medium, television, to make his case.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年