So, when Patrasche arose, big and strong again, his great eyes had a look of happiness in them. 所以,当帕特拉斯基站起来,再次变得又大又壮的时候,一双大眼睛流露出幸福的神色。 In his heart he felt a mighty love,

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases;it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bowerquiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathin

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Being Forced Out of a Position Julianna: Ha ha! The wicked witch is dead! Hugo: What are you talking about? Julianna: Bettina is stepping down as chairperson of the committee. I thought this day would never come. Hugo: Thats a big surprise. I never t

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

7 The Beauty Of Pisa In The Afternoon 午后比萨之美 John Ruskin 约翰罗斯金 On each side of a bright river he saw rise a line of brighter palaces, arched and pillared, and inlaid with deep red porphyry, and with serpentine(2); along the quay

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

Ceratosaurus moves quickly around and leaps into the air, landing on the side of the Allosaurus. 他迅速地绕过去一跃而起,落到异特龙的侧面。 The Allosaurus is looking to kill this animal, not to chase him away, but to kill him. 而异

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

World Consumer Rights Day is an annual day for consumers to get together and know they have rights, even in todays world of multinational corporations. It started in 1983 and has grown ever since. It also aims to promote consumers rights and demand t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

克里斯蒂娜费尔南德斯基什内尔(Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner),阿根廷律师、政治家,曾任阿根廷总统。克里斯蒂娜的丈夫为已去世的阿根廷前总统、南美洲国家联盟首任秘书长内斯托尔卡洛斯基什

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

Unit 8 Section A Pre-reading Activities First Listening Having ideas about a story before you read it is an important reading skill. Please listen to a very short piece of recording. Second Listening

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程(1)

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Today, I am traveling to Minneapolis to the site of Wednesday's tragic bridge collapse. Like millions of Americans, I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news that the I-35 bridge gave way during rush hour. The bri

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

Its time for these men to get ready for work, and work means hanging off a cliff at 10,000 feet. High in the Austrian Alps, these men are trying to rescue a historic weather station from the weather itself. It was a couple of years ago, we saw this

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

Yosemite is a crown jewel of America's wild spaces. This stunning valley, a mere seven miles long, contains some of the most awe-inspiring and recognizable wonders of the world -- El Capitan, and its majestic partner, Half Dome. Yosemite falls, 13 ti

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

[00:00.00]The Chicken 鹰身鸡质 [00:04.42]Once upon a time, [00:07.50]there was a large mountainside, [00:09.89]where an eagles nest rested. [00:11.75]The eagles nest contained four large eagle eggs. [00:16.79]One day an earthquake rocked the mountai

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 语言的力量

Grammar Girl here. Since this is my 100th episode, it seems like a fitting time to talk about how to use numbers in sentences. [Note: There are many exceptions to the rules about how to write numbers. These tips will point you in the right direction,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Seven hells, someone had to kill Aerys! Robert said, reining his mount to a sudden halt beside an ancient barrow. 妈的,总得有人动手吧?劳勃道,他在一座古老的荒坟边勒住马缰。 If Jaime hadnt done it, it would have been le

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

The names Jacob, Michael and Emma have been ranked at the top of the social security administration's list of most popular baby names for years. But over the past decade less conventional names like Jagnen, Chloe have gained in popularity. But here w

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Craig Windham. President Obama is challenging both the public and private sectors to come up with new ways to create more jobs to help bring down the nation's high unemployment rate. This is my administration's overr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

What has become of your fondest dreams? If you were guaranteed success, what would dare to attempt? We all have dreams, deep inside?those moments when we take a voyage in our imagination, into a world where everything was possible. A world where fea

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(341) / 评论(0) 分类 摘取梦想的启蒙星

Before the Era of the human The seven mighty bears Ruled the northern land with firm hands. From the fellowship with human Were born the seven sons Who would people the cold Northland. They fled this world to the stars leaving their lands to their ne

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

When i was a young man and never been kissed I got to thinking it over what i had missed. I got me a girl, i kissed her and then Oh lord, i kissed her again. Chorus: Oh, kisses sweeter than wine, Oh, kisses sweeter than wine I asked her to marry and

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Chapter 06 第六章 The Story of Egypt 埃及的故事 The rise and fall of Egypt 埃及的盛衰 The river Nile was a kind friend but occasionally it was a hard taskmaster. 尼罗河是人类的好友,可有时候,它又像一位严厉的监工。

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史