By Caty Weaver Broadcast: August 19, 2003 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty with Sarah Long, and this is the VOA Special English program, SCIENCE IN THE NEWS. VOICE TWO: This week -- the medical worl

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(209) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-发展与科学

change, an egg roll, and an extraordinary talk show host. CNN Student News is back -- and so am I -- to bring you 10 minutes of commercial-free headlines from around the world. First up, police in Poplar Bluff, Missouri are going door to door, tellin

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(四)月

Well get it fixed, declared Jessie. Louis at the bike shop said that Thelma can fix anything. She might be able to fix it, said Henry, looking a little more hopeful. The Aldens walked with Henry and his broken bicycle into Greenfield to the bike shop

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

From Boston, Louis would lead his family to the Philadelphia Zoo and show them Bird Lake. 离开波士顿后,路易斯会领着全家飞到费城动物园,让他们看看鸟湖。 Here, he would be greeted warmly by the Head Man in Charge of Bird

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

[00:15.54]If we go down in the water... 如果我们掉进水里... [00:17.82]you're gonna be sitting pretty. 你会很有利的 [00:20.10]What? 什么意思? [00:22.26]I said if we crash in the ocean, your donut's gonna come in handy. 我是说如果我

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-好运之人

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Prisons as Art Studios FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Faith Lapidus. Today on our show, we play music by blues artist Joe Louis Walker We also read from some of your recent comments ...

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

CHAPTER 10 第10章 EXPULSION OF THE FRENCH 驱除法国人 89. Causes of the French Wars. 89.法国战争的起因 At the time of the Glorious Revolution James II found refuge with Louis XIV, King of France. 在光荣革命 时期詹姆斯二世和法

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

Louis got a new book. The book was about animals. Louis loved animals. The book had lots of pictures. It had pictures of dogs and cats. It had pictures of cows and pigs. It had pictures of chickens and rabbits. It had pictures of squirrels and birds.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. A new exhibit of paintings is being shown at the Smithsonian A

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

US University Puts Electronic Assistants in All Student Housing One American university is putting electronic voice-controlled assistants in every student housing room on campus. Saint Louis University recently announced it will equip every student l

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

1. Leather or not? Many Louis Vuitton bags are made of coated canvas, but the trim is leather. Before making a purchase, familiarize yourself with the style that interests you. If the trim is supposed to be leather, it should feel dry not oily, slipp

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Perhaps you've seen or heard of David Copperfield and other illusionists who seem to make entire buildings disappear right before your eyes. Well, some people in St. Louis, Missouri - and in other U.S. cities as well - are going them one better. They

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

Water cooler lowdown1. A fair of prostitutes say St.Thomas Acquinas was quite famous for saying Give me chastity just not yet. He wasn't alone. 2. 20 percent of clergy regularly enjoyed a church brothel visit. 3. But prostitutes weren't just getting

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

MANY BLIND PEOPLE READ BY TOUCH INSTEAD OF SIGHT. THEY RUN THEIR FINGERS OVER PAGES THAT ARE PRINTED IN RAISED DOTS. DIFFERENT ARRANGEMENTS OF DOTS STAND FOR DIFFERENT LETTERS. LOUIS BRAILLE INVENTED THIS SPECIAL KIND OF WRITING. LOUIS BRAILLE WAS BO

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Todd: Mike, you were born in Croatia. Mike: That's right. Todd: Now you told me an interesting story about the necktie. Can you explain where the necktie came from? Mike: Well, my understanding is that the necktie originated from Croatia. Originally,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Jessica: Recruiting /ri'kru:tiŋ/. Harvey. Your interviews are set up for tomorrow. Harvey: What? Why dont we just hire the Harvard summer associate douche /du:ʃ/? Jessica: I think if you listen to the phrasing /freɪziŋ/ of that question, youll co

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

JUDY WOODRUFF: We turn now to two police chiefs dealing with this every day, Chief Edward Flynn from Milwaukee and Chief Samuel Dotson, the police chief of Saint Louis. Gentlemen, we welcome you both to the program. Chief Flynn, to you first. Milwauk

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

remember somebody (something) 记住 You remember my brother Louis? 你还记得我哥哥路易斯吗? You remember the necklace I gave you last year? 你还记得我去年送你的项链吗? I remember that, it wasn't so bad. 我还记得,还不

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Chapter 21 The Greening Spring 第二十一章 绿色的春天 Louis and Serena were more in love than ever. 路易斯和塞蕾娜比以往更恩爱了。 When spring came, they flew north, 春天一到,他们便往北飞去了, Louis wearing his

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

Voice 1 Hello. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 A woman sits by her sons

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight