BARBARA KLEIN: Im Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Our subject today is whales. We discuss a report on the effect of noise from ships on the behavior of whales. And, we visit a whaling museum on

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Adam Phillips For many Americans, Memorial Day means the beginning of the summer vacation season. But Memorial Day was set aside as a national day of remembrance for those who have died in America's w

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -June 28, 2002: Rooftop Gardens By Cynthia Kirk Chicago City Hall This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Officials in Chicago, Illinois, are hoping to help the environm

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Jobs 工作 People need money to buy food, clothes and other things. 人们买食物、衣服和其他的东西都需要钱。 So they need a job to earn money. 所以他们需要一份工作来赚钱。 There are many kinds of jobs. 工作的种类有

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第8册

舞动夏日:Glee - La Isla Bonita La Isla Bonita,是西班牙语美丽的小岛之意,这首歌是Madonna(麦当娜)1986年的一首冠军歌曲。美剧《Glee》中的对唱版本节奏更加欢快动感,天气炎热的时候把这首歌

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

The Lonely Island是来自美国的一个嘻哈组合,这首新单曲是今年与Akon合作的,居然还是为庆祝新年发行的 Artist:The Lonely Island Ft. Akon Song:I Just Had Sex (Andy Samberg) Sometimes (Oh-oh-ohhh) Something beautifu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

Agriculture Report - Home of Closed Landfill Now Aims for Smell of Fine Wine Business leaders on Staten Island, in New York City, plan for an educational vineyard. Transcript of radio broadcast: 03 March 2008 This is the VOA Special English Agricult

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(三)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Bob Doughty. On our show this week: We listen to some jazz music by Oscar Peterson /P Answer a question about the nicknames of American states /P And tell about a campaign to save

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

Two Events Blamed for Dinosaur Deaths Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for about 160 million years. Then they disappeared. Scientists have argued for years about what killed off the dinosaurs. Was it the huge volcanic eruption 66 million years ago in what i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Peace and Quiet at Isle Royale National Park 罗亚尔岛国家公园的和平与宁静 This week on our national parks journey, we explore a remote island near Michigans border with Canada. It sits within a huge freshwater lake. It is one of the lea

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Imagine an island where 100 people, all perfect logicians, are imprisoned by a mad dictator. 想像一下,有座岛上住着100位居民,他们每一个都是优秀的逻辑学家,却被一位邪恶的独裁者所监禁。 There's no escape, ex

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: July 2, 2003 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Nicole Nichols. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about discoveri

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

China's deep-sea economy is set to take a huge step forward as basic infrastructure construction gets under way in Sansha, the country's youngest city at its southernmost point. He Fei has the details. Located on Yongxing Island in the South China Se

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

It was an auspicious time to arrive at the end of the river. For a period of several weeks, thousands of pilgrims were travelling to the point where river enters into the sea, known as Gangasagara. In a country whose population could ultimately surpa

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Helmholtz laughed. Then why aren't you on an island yourself? 赫姆霍尔兹笑了。那你现在为什么不是在一个岛上呢? Because, finally, I preferred this, the Controller answered. 因为我最终选择了这儿,总统回答, I was

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

From now on, things were constantly changing. 自此一切都一再起变化, And this is why, nowadays, when we find even a fragment of pottery in Greece, or anywhere else in Europe, 这就是为什么当我们现在在希腊或欧洲的其它地方

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

You're a good man. 你是个好人 I can see it. 我能看出来 Well, beneath the privileged upbringing and the wealthy veneer. 在享有特权和养尊处优的外表下 I saw it when my man tortured you 我的人对你使用酷刑的时候我就看出

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

3 minutes. 三分钟 Ok. 好 You hear that? 你听到了吗 I'll check it out. 我去看看 All right. 好 Kyle Reston. 凯尔莱斯顿 I came prepared. 我是有备而来的 It's ok. It's gonna be ok. 没事,会没事的 No.Hey, I got this. 不,我

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Was I not clear 我没说清楚吗 that I wasn't interested in talking? 我没有兴趣跟你谈 You don't have to talk. 你不需要说话 Who was she? 她是谁 Somebody I knew a long time ago. 很久以前的一位故人 I--I was dating her sister

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Todd: Hello can you say your name please? Kate: My name is Kate. Todd: Ok Kate where are you from? Kate: Im from New Zealand. Todd: Oh are you from Auckland? Kate: No, Im from Wellington, the capital city. Todd: Oh Wellington is the capital? Is it in

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话