THIS IS AMERICA -March 11, 2002: Jamestown By Jill Moss . . . . . . . . . VOICE ONE: Almost four-hundred years ago, three British ships loaded with passengers and supplies sailed across the Atlantic O

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

By Caty Weaver Broadcast: September 19, 2003 This is Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English Environment Report. Scientists have identified the elephants that live on the island of Borneo in Malaysia

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-环境与健康

By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: October 25, 2003 This is Steve Ember with In the News, from VOA Special English. President Bush has returned to Washington after visits to six Asian countries. He met this w

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-教育与新闻

Lost in a daydream of blue I feel so free And then it's like I fall from the sky Everything that I see is you And you should know that I'm thinking about what you said When you held my hand Oh, I adore you Now we are older and things disappeared so

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

These amazing pigs swim every day in the crystal clear waters of the Bahamas - on their own tiny island where they live in luxury. 这群神奇的小猪每天都在巴哈马群岛清澈的海水中游泳,在小岛上享受奢侈的悠闲生活。 T

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Todd: OK, Phil, you've been talking about your trip to Asia. I have a couple weeks,so I can go anywhere in Asia, what to you recommend that I do if i only have two weeks? Phil: How much money do you have? Todd: Maybe $2,000, $3,000. Phil: If I were y

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, Shuan, you took a cruise and the cruise left he U.S. Shuan: It left yeah. It left Florida. Todd: OK, and did you only stay at sea or did you make stops on your cruise ship? Shuan: We actually made 4 different stops. I cannot remember the la

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

BBC Learning English People and Places Pen Hadow William:Hello and welcome to People and Places. My names William Kremer. Coming up in the programme today, were going to practise listening and [strange noise] and well be finding out what that strang

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

SUVA, March 14 (Xinhua) -- Some 300 diabetes patients(有耐心的 ) undergo amputations every year in Fiji and the trend is worrying the authorities. This is according to research carried out by the country's Physiotherapy Associations which sho

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Opposition leader Tsai Ing-wen won a historic landslide victory in Saturdays elections but Taiwans president-elect must now turn her attention to the daunting tasks of rejuvenating the islands struggling economy and managing relations with a Chinese

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Researchers working for the World Wildlife Fund have warned that the effects of climate change pose a serious threat to rare species of wildlife discovered within the past year in Southeast Asia, including a fanged frog and a leopard-striped gecko. A

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

BEIJING, May 9 (Xinhua) -- Most Chinese travel agencies have suspended travel to the Philippines following the escalation of the Huangyan Island situation. Tourists companies such as Ctrip.com, China's largest online travel service company, and Beiji

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

-Today we take for granted that the world is round. In the fifteenth century, however, most people believed the world was flat. They thought that monsters or a trip over the edge of the earth waited for anybody who sailed outside the limits of known

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

TAIPEI, Feb. 22 (Xinhua) - Taiwanese leader Ma Ying-jeou pledged on Wednesday that he will work to close the island's income gap during his next term. Ma said at an economic forum that economic development is not the sole target for his administratio

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: Hello can you say your name please? Kate: My name is Kate. Todd: Ok Kate where are you from? Kate: Im from New Zealand. Todd: Oh are you from Auckland? Kate: No, Im from Wellington, the capital city. Todd: Oh Wellington is the capital? Is it in

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Summer rains The Ditty Bops The Ditty Bops是来自美国加州的非传统女子二重唱组合,成员包括Abby DeWald 和 Amanda Barrett。Amanda Barrett擅长飘琴和洋琴,而Abby DeWald则负责吉他的演奏。她们两人1999年便在纽约

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

编者按: 智慧微笑着,充满睿智地答道:因为爱情的价值只有时间才能理解! Love and Time Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge and all of the others, including L

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名篇背诵

On Thursday, China Qionghai Boao Airport in Hainan Province saw its first plane land. The new facility is on the same island as the Boao forum venue, and shortens the travel for the thousands of incoming guests over the next few days. Landing on the

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Acadia: An East Coast Treasure 阿卡迪亚:一个东海岸的宝藏 This week on our national parks journey, we are exploring the oldest national park east of the Mississippi River. Much of the park sits on a rocky island off the coast of Maine call

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Scientists with the U.S. Geological Survey say the earthquake struck about 10 kilometers from Port-au-Prince, Tuesday afternoon. The initial quake registered at magnitude 7 on the Richter Scale and was followed by several other shocks, including one

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)