AS IT IS 2016-04-20 Castaways Get HELP After their small boat turned over, three men swam to a small island in the Pacific Ocean. They used the leaves and branches of palm trees to spell the word HELP hoping someone could see them. Just like in a mov

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Astropup and his friend the Parrot have a huge diamond which they found in the Wreck of the Hesperus. Instead of returning it to Space Central on Earth, they are heading for the Planet of the Pirates where they intend to sell it and make their fortun

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Todd: So, Ivan, can I ask you about Indonesia? Ivan: Yes, sure. Todd: Now, Indonesia has many islands. Ivan: Yes. Todd: So, what island is your favorite in Indonesia? Ivan: Well, I think maybe most Indonesians will say that its Bali, but as for mysel

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Hurricane Irene is paying a visit to much of the U.S. East Coast, inspiring worry, fear, frustration, and - in some cases - a little bit of excitement. Irene is a big storm, and it is expected to move up the eastern coast of the United States to New

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

What happened? asked Helmholtz Watson. 后来怎么啦?赫姆霍尔兹.华生问。 The Controller sighed. Very nearly what's going to happen to you young men. I was on the point of being sent to an island. 总统叹了一口气。几乎跟你们面临

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

你那些到了能干活年龄的孩子们可以受雇做牧工。德罗海达将成为一个家族企业,由家里人经营而无须外人插手。' 她说给咱们寄去澳大利亚的钱了吗?菲问道。 帕迪一挺腰板。我不会为这种

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

It's true, of course. I knew he wasn't yours the moment I first saw him. There's not much misses you, is there? I suppose not. However, it doesn't take much more than very ordinary powers of observation to see when the various members of my parish ar

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

Ted Gaynor, we're gonna have a conversation. 泰德盖纳,我们得好好聊聊了 You make a move, go for a gun, anything, things will end badly for you. 你要是敢动一下或者拿枪出来,你就不会有好果子吃 Put the bow down. 把弓放

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Please, sit. You're making me feel rude. 请坐,都让我觉得很失礼了 I do apologize for my men's treatment of you. 我为我手下的行为道歉 They're they're trained to view any stranger as hostile. 他们被训练得将每个陌生人都当

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

How am I supposed to stay away from you if you won't stay away from me? 如果你不和我保持距离,我怎么能离你远点呢 I... What are you doing here, Ollie? 我 你来做什么 奥利 My sister took... She pointed out to me that I have b

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Ousted Comoran Military Leader Flees Anjouan Katy Salmon Nairobi 13 Aug 2001 17:28 UTC The ousted military leader of the 1)breakaway Comoran island of Anjouan has fled the island. Since his overthrow

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(4)

我在抗日战争期间开始学习英语,接受的教育是残缺不全的。小学六年级时,英语学得很差,被父亲罚站打手心。他找来一本缀字课本(Speller),要我跟着他念ba,bi, be。想不到这倒有点效:在班

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Local authorities on China's Hainan Island have upgraded wind emergency response levels from four to three as Tropical storm Vicente has grown into a typhoon. The newly formed typhoon is currently approaching the island from the Northeast. The Qiongz

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(223) / 评论(0) 分类 时事新闻英语视频

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen on Monday urged China to engage in talks pledging to maintain peace with the island's giant neighbor amid a near five-month impasse after Beijing halted official communications with the self-ruled isla

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TAIPEI, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) -- Kaohsiung City in southern Taiwan recorded 466 new dengue fever cases on Tuesday, its highest number since May, said the island's disease control agency on Wednesday. The figure was 150 more than that of Monday, the agency

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Snow finally came to the mountains and ski fields in both the North Island and the South Island. Queenstown had their winter festival two weeks ago without snow. The ski field was not open. Now the snow is on the mountain and in the town. On the othe

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for god to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

今天我们要学的词是all-time。 All-time, 空前的,史无前例的。电影《黑暗骑士》虽然十分叫座,但专家估计, 'The Dark Knight' won't beat 'Titanic' for the all-time U.S. box-office crown, 《黑暗骑士》的票房不

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

An 11-year-old boy who was beachcombing had a big surprise when he discovered a message in a bottle washed up on the sand. 一11岁大的男孩在海边捡贝壳时获得一个意外发现:他在一只冲上沙滩的漂流瓶里发现了一张纸条。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

TAIPEI, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- Inclement weather brought by Typhoon Saola since Wednesday has left five people dead, two missing and 16 more injured in Taiwan, the island's emergency operation center announced Thursday evening. Saola, which started headi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻