The 1995 film Dead Man has a strange opening scene. Actor Johnny Depp is sitting on a train. A man sits down across from Depps character, and speaks to him: Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

A Story Happened on An Uninhabited Island The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Today, we are exploring the connection between your education and your community's economy. Thank you for spending part of your Thursday with CNN Student News. I'm Carl Azuz. Let's go. Massive devastation, severe loss of life, uncertainty about what

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(一)月

Frances Wood SUN 5 DEC 2010 Writer and historian Frances Wood joins Kirsty Young to choose her Desert Island Discs.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Good afternoon, I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. We begin with the sentencing phase for a former Ohio cop convicted of double murder. Earlier this month, the jury found Bobby Cutts

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(二)月

Stranded 坐困愁城 Rachel Stared up at the clouds. One looked like a tree. One looked like a Ferris wheel. The sand was hot under her skin. Everything was silent except for the ocean. She sit up and thinks, How long will I be stranded on this dese

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Todd: James! James: Yo! Todd: if you had a million dollars... James: Mm-hmTodd: if you won the lottery... James: Yes. Todd: What would you do? James: I would buy a small island, build a house there, and invest the rest of my money so that I would nev

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Todd: So, Phil, what country would you like to talk about now? Phil: I am going to talk about Indonesia. And specific, I am going to talk about Mt. Bromo. It's the highest point in Java. One of the biggest island, well the most highly populated islan

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Online gamers enjoy a concert on the BBC's virtual island The line between the real world and online virtual worlds is becoming increasingly blurred with gamers spending real money to buy virtual commodities and even real estate in digital worlds. W

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

We present the first of three parts of the short story Benito Cereno. It was written by Herman Melville. Here is Shep O'Neal with the story. Captain Benito Cereno hurried aboard his ship. It was ready to sail. A bright sun and a soft breeze promised

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

ICO主题曲~《You Were There》 演唱者:Steven Geraghty The island bathes in the suns bright rays Distant hills wear a shroud of grey A lonely breeze whispers in the trees Sole witness to history Fleeting memories rise From the shadows of my mi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 电影歌曲

The newly created Sansha city in the South China Sea issued its first identity cards and residence permits on Wednesday. 周三,在中国南海新设立的城市--三沙市签发了该市首批身份证和居住许可证。 10 people were given IDs

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年07月

I hear you breath Youre lying close to me The shadows gone I have found my peace Oooh You make me calm With you Im safe from harm And right by your side Ill stay thru the night til eternity Thats the way it will be And I wonder what youre dreaming of

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

首先,我们来看一段来自CNN官网的文字: Famous in Taiwan - In an island easily conquered by food fads including Japanese octopus balls and doughnuts, one of the first items that became hot in demand in Taiwan were Portuguese egg tarts.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

文本: Illidan: At last! The _(1)_ of Sargeras is found! You, my trusted servants, must remain here and guard the entrance. If that wretched warden managed to reach this island,she'll certainly try to follow us. Naisha: Illidan! I knew we'd find h

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

36 反口蹄疫的疫苗 VOICE ONE: (Start at 1'00

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Police say the anti-Muslim extremist who killed 77 people in Norway last week had considered more targets linked to the government or ruling Labor Party. After a 10-hour interrogation session Friday, authorities said Saturday that Anders Behring Brei

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. by Robert Louis Stevenson, Novelist 「别以收成,而是你播下的种子,来评价你的每一天。」罗伯特路易斯史蒂文森 (小说家) 罗伯特路易斯史蒂文

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Tyrus Wong, Bambi Artist Thwarted by Racial Bias, Dies at 106 《小鹿斑比》的华裔美术设计师黄齐耀逝世 When Walt Disneys Bambi opened in 1942, critics praised its spare, haunting visual style, vastly different from anything Disney ha

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TAIPEI, Oct. 24 (Xinhua) -- The number of dengue cases reported in Taiwan has risen to 26,910 as of Friday since the outbreak in May, said the island's disease control center on Saturday. On Friday, the island reported 261 new cases, 150 in the south

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻