以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

1. Why did the man settle on renting the full-size car? A. It was roomy enough for him. B. It was more economical than the minivan. C. It had more features than the other vehicles. 2. What was one of his major concerns about renting the car? A. He co

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Task3: An office boy or a billionaire? A jobless man applied for the position of office boy at Microsoft. The human resource manger interviewed him, and gave him a test: clean the floor. You are engaged, he said, give me your email address, and Ill s

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

But they shouldn't lose what they've already worked so hard to build in the process. 但是,他们不应当失去他们这么多年辛勤工作所获得的东西。 That's why Social Security and Medicare are more important than ever; we shouldn't

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

A: I havent felt well since we ate dinner at that restaurant with the fish on the menu. B: Should I look into finding a doctor for you? A: I feel bad enough that I am thinking about how we could find a doctor. B: How does someone find a physician in

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

President Obama trying to build on the momentum after his addresses this week. And in his weekly address, he shows concern over a new report on insurance. We can expect that about half of all American under 65 will lose their health coverage at some

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(九)月

The health care summit, an extraordinary event, a rather ordinary outcome after hours of televised negotiations. Are Republicans and Democrats any closer to really passing reforms? Well, CNN White House correspondent Ed Henry takes a closer look for

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(三)月

第66期:订购 When can we expect your confirmation of the order? 您什么时候确认订单? A:When can we expect your confirmation of the order? A:您什么时候确认订单? B:As soon as I hear from Beijing,that will be either Friday or Sat

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英语口语急救包

15. This added-worker effect could support the safety net offered by unemployment insurance or disability insurance to help families weather bad times. 【分析】简单句。句子主干为This added-worker effect could support the safety net。过去

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

今天我们要学的词是excessive。 Excessive, 过度的。美国政府计划提出议案。 The planned legislation would allow the government to block excessive rate hikes by insurance companies, 拟议中的提案可以让政府有权制止医疗

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

We want to find out about your marine insurance. 我们想询问你方的海运保险。 We want to find out about your marine insurance. 我们想询问你方的海运保险。 We have insured the shipment for 130% of the invoice value. 我们按发票

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

Business travelers can't always get where they need to go by catching a plane or taking a taxi. Sometimes we need our own means of transport, and that usually means renting a car. So, in this ESL podcast we'll cover language you can use when choosing

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

5. Do you want it insured? 你要保险吗? 还能这样说: Do you want to insure it? Do you want any insurance? 应用解析: insure sb.'s property against fire 给某人财产保火险; have one's life insured 给自己保人寿险; insu

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

我们于本日向贵公司开出第123号面额500000元。汇票一张见票即付。 We have this day drawn the following bill of exchange on your esteemed firm- No.123, $500,000, payable at sight.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. Tiger Woods has withdrawn from his own golf tournament after citing injuries from a car crash near his Florida home. Woods said in a statement on his website Monday that his injuries won't allow him to play in the Chevron World Challenge. He said

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(十二)月

货物保险 Are buyers responsible for the insurance charges? 附加险的保险费由买方来负担吗? Yes, this is a standard practice. 是的,这是惯例。 Yes, you are right. 是的,正是如此。 How long is the validity term of insu

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

Shiloh: So, Adria, what do you think about nationalized healthcare in the United States? I know that most Democrats are for it, and most Republicans are against it. So, what do you think? Adria: I think it's really necessary. After, you know, hearing

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

今天我们要学的词是jack up。 To jack up, 意思是提高。 Insurance company Blue Shield of California plans to jack up its health insurance rates a whopping 59% for individual policyholders this year, 加州蓝盾保险公司今年打算把个

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Business Loyalty cards and insurance Every little helps 商业 购物卡与保险 每一点信息都有大用 As it pushes into finance, Tesco's Clubcard gives it a competitive edge 随着特斯科向金融行业进军,会员卡制度赋予了它竞争

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Remember the heady days of 2007, before the large economy sized recession? Well, even back then medical problems contributed to over 62 percent of all bankruptcies. Thats according to a study by researchers at Harvard Med, Harvard Law and Ohio Unive

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学