Household Chores 家务琐事 A: Kevin, what is this mess? It looks like a pigsty in here! Clean this up! 凯文,这里怎么这么乱?看起来像个猪圈!整理一下! B: Ok dad, I will do it in a minute, let me just finish this level of t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

012 living rooms Beginner A: good morning. Im thinking about buying some new furniture for my living room. Could you help me? B: certainly. As you can see, we have several three-piece suites on sale. Feel free to sit down and test how comfortable th

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 情景英语口语100主题

014 bedroom Words Bed bedside table alarm clock wardrobe pillow duvet blanket sheet chest of drawers bedside lamp mirror dressing table pyjamas nightdress mattress Phrases Go to bed Get up Set the alarm clock Go to sleep Read in bed Make your bed Be

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 情景英语口语100主题

Independent Voter Shines in US Political Spotlight One of those voters who has been thrust into the political spotlight and courted by Democrats and Republicans is Melanie McNamara, who owns a small furniture company in High Point, North Carolina. Sh

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

accept 接受 be haunted 闹鬼 be on 开着,亮着 be up for sale 供出售 block 堵 furniture 家具 ghost 鬼 give away 捐赠,送给别人 haunt 闹鬼 shake 摇动 suggest 暗示 thirsty 贪杯的 turn off 关掉 whisky 威士忌酒

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

No matter how seldom you've opened that calculus textbook on your shelf, the chances of worms having eaten it are pretty low. But books written back in the Renaissance have had much better odds of becoming worm food. Now we know that the holes left b

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

No matter how seldom you've opened that calculus textbook on your shelf, the chances of worms having eaten it are pretty low. But books written back in the Renaissance have had much better odds of becoming worm food. Now we know that the holes left b

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

租房搬家 我想租一套公寓。 I'm looking for an apartment. 我想与一个女孩合住一套公寓。 I'd like to share a flat with a girl. 那幢房子里有家具吗? Is that apartment furnitured? 房租多少钱? What's the rent? 房租

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

The Telegraph: British scientists have built a complete and functional organ in a living animal for the first time. British scientists have produced the first working organ by reprogramming cells in a step towards the 'Holy Grail' of being able to gr

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

A Hasty Interruption 轻率的插话 The fine-furniture store where I work has been in business since the 1920s. Recently I received a call from a woman who wanted to replace some chairs from a dining

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Phil Brown at work turning a bowl on his lathe And I'm Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At several galleries in the Washington, D.C. area, you might see work by the wood turner Phil Br

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

Amy: I think rearranging the furniture will make the living room look more spacious . Dont you? Jacob: Uh, sure. Amy: Can you help me move this couch against this wall? Jacob: Okay, but are you sure you want it over there? Because its really heavy an

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

模仿文本: Remarkable scoreline, remarkable game. Bayern Munich 4, Barcelona 0. Bayern Munich were magnificent, Barcelona just helpless and humiliated. It was strange to see such a great team we've all admired so much in recent years dismissed a

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Natalia: Is that the Office Shop catalogue? Kei: Yeah, Im in charge of furnishing the new offices on the second floor. They need everything desks, file cabinets, bookcases you name it. Natalia: That sounds like fun. I love shopping for new furniture.

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Carson: Your apartment is going to look fabulous once Im finished decorating it! Brooke: I really appreciate you taking the time to help me choose some furniture, but Id really like to keep the look conservative and traditional. Carson: Nonsense! You

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Faiza Elmasry Milwaukee, Wisconsin 14 September 2007 The Midwestern U.S. city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin is home to many immigrants and their descendants from many different cultures, and this ethnic mix is celebrated with a number of summer festival

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

The Finance Ministry has issued a notice clarifying specific services that governments should purchase from the public. That's part of Chinas push in reforming its government procurement procedures. The services recommended for outside purchases were

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年04月

今天我们要学的词是put together。 Put together, 意思是整合,组成整体。寒冷的冬天又到了。 Snow sculptors from Moscow will put together a snow city in a public park, 莫斯科的冰雕艺术家将在一个公园内建立一座

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃