Innovation in Japan 日本创新 Samurai go soft 日本武士走向没落 Japans preference for hardware over software is fading 相对于计算机软件而言,日本偏爱计算机硬件,但这种偏爱正在消退。 Jul 14th 2011 | TOKYO | fro

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Technology IPOs: 科技公司上市潮: Betting the farm 押宝开心农场(美版) Zynga may be a good business, but the tech bubble is expanding Zynga可能是一家好企业,但是科技泡沫却正愈演愈烈 Jun 30th 2011 | from the p

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Business商业报道Chinese internet firms中国互联网公司Migrating finches迁徙之雀China's online firms are flying to American stockmarkets中国互联网公司纷纷飞向美国股市迁徙之雀.jpgDICK COSTOLO, the boss of Twitter, was in

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

I was ungainly, awkward, a fat kid. I didn't feel comfortable, Flom remembers. 我还是一个难看、笨拙、一身肥肉的男孩。我觉得非常郁闷,弗洛姆回忆说, I was one of two kids in my class at the end of hiring season who di

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

Ruth: So, Akane, tell me about your family. Who do you get on well with in your family? Akane: Well, I think I get along the best with my mother, I would say. Ruth: So, why is that? Akane: Well, I think it probably has to do with the fact that we're

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

US manufacturing giant General Electric has agreed a deal with Chinese technology and smartphone giant Huawei to help it improve production. 美国制造业巨头通用电气已经和中国科技智能手机巨头华为达成协议,将帮助华为提

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Wozniak wanted to make the parting amicable. It was his style. 沃兹尼亚克想让自己和苹果公司之间友好地分手,这是他的风格。 So he agreed to stay on as a part-time Apple employee at a $20,000 salary and represent the company

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

A consortium led by a Chinese investment company is interested in buying a stake in Liverpool Football Club, according to media reports. 根据媒体报道,由一家中国投资公司领导的财团有意收购利物浦足球俱乐部的股份。 T

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. 开业 Opening of new business Dear Mr. / Ms, We have opened at the above address a sales office for our products here in New York. We employ a staff of consultants and a well-trained service department which makes routine checks on all

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

If job stress is wearing you down and you want more leisure time, but you can't -- or don't want to -- quit altogether, it can be easy to feel stuck. But there's an alternative to consider: a voluntary demotion. Plenty of professionals dream of scali

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是heyday。 Heyday, 意思是最强盛的时期。 In the firm's heyday it employed over 5,000 employees, 这家公司鼎盛期,员工有五千多人。 The group sold millions of records in its heyday, 这个组合最火爆的

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

通知书 业务清算 After the liquidation of the affairs of ..., the business will be carried on under the style of ... ... 公司业务经清算后, 将以... 名义进行营业。 同函附上B.公司的清算通告, 并通知我将以J.公司的名

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Business 商业报道 Private military contractors 雇佣兵 Beyond Blackwater 黑水公司之后 An industry reinvents itself after the demise of its most controversial firm 有争议公司倒闭后重新兴起的一种产业 WE WERE selling 1m a ye

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

HPs grand vision 惠普的远见 Aping IBM 效仿IBM HP needs to transform itself if it is to avoid becoming obsolete 要想不被淘汰,惠普需要改变自己 Aug 27th 2011 | from the print edition WHEN the board of HP, the worlds largest comput

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Business 商业报道 Taj Hotels and Orient-Express 泰姬陵酒店和Orient-Express酒店 Disorientation 迷途羔羊 Two luxury hotel chains will not be checking in together 两家奢侈连锁酒店将无法一同腾飞 INDIA and Orient-Express hav

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

WARSAW, Aug. 12 (Xinhua) -- Poland received on Monday the first of twenty Pendolino high-speed trains commisioned by the Polish State Railways. Local media reported that the new train, which has been delivered to Wroclaw in south-western Poland, will

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

开头语与自我介绍 1.从中华人民共和国驻...大使馆商务参赞处获悉贵公司名称和地址,现借此机会与贵方通信,意在达成一些实际交易为开端,以建立业务关系。 Having had your name and address fro

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

为了方便居住本地之顾客,我方特在本地区开设分店,以便供应品质可靠、款式新颖、价格公道的服装。恳请惠顾。 We have opened a new branch in this district, for the convenience of our customers who live here

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

Telecom networks 电信网络 Twos company 双巨头 In an industry with a cost leader and a price leader, is there room for others? 当一个行业里既有成本领导者又有价格领导者的时候,其它公司还有市场空间吗? REVOLUTION

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

BEIJING, March 7 (Xinhua) -- China has pledged to eradicate crimes related to delaying or denying salary payments before 2015, a prominent source of complaints for migrant workers, Yin Weimin, minister of human resources and social security, said Wed

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻