Mr Clean 清白先生 Ian King wants to transform the way the world's third-biggest defence company does business 伊安金想转变世界第三大军工公司的经营之道 ON JUNE 27th last year, just six weeks after Mike Turner, the chief executi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人人物系列

(I can be a freak, let me show you how I do shawty) Israel, Nu Firm Aye Uh huh (aye) uh huh (aye) uh huh (aye...) All I need is a moment... One last chance with you All I need is a moment I can make your dreams come true (oh) I wanna be a freak tonig

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Business Opening a business in Brazil Why make it simple?商业 在巴西做生意 何等简单Setting up shop has just got easier. But not much 开店变得简单。却没有很多 BRAZIL is not an easy place to start a business. 巴西并不是开店

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Most high net worth Americans say they worked their way up from a lower class. 美国大多数高净值人士表示,他们是从下层社会一步步奋斗起来的。 That's according to a report released by U.S. Trust, based on a survey that aske

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Zhongguancun, a high-tech hub in Beijing, is posed to open an innovation center in Silicon Valley. It's a 24-million U.S. dollar investment. Luo Wei is the CEO of the overseas subsidiary of the Zhongguancun Development Group. For those who start busi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Weve all heard the stories about job interviews gone wrong, like the eager young applicant who brought a sandwich to the interview, because, after all, it was lunch time. But a candidates first impression begins long before the interview. It starts w

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. When a young child answered, I knew I had the wrong number. 一个小孩接起了电话,我知道我拨错号了。 2. Working on the principle that theres safety in numbers, we decided we should all go and complain together. 本着人多力量大

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Britain's armed services are to wear socks made in China after the firm which has supplied them for 80 years was dropped. 英国国防部决定弃用英国制造的袜子,转而为英军采购成本低廉的中国产袜子。 UK's Ministry of Defen

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. We inform you that the partnership existing between us in the business of wool has this day been dissolved by mutual consent. 2. Notice is hereby given that the copartnership which has existed between Mr. Black and Mr. Brown under the style of Bla

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

In the state of Song lived a rich man.A heavy downpour caused the wall of his house to crumble.If the wall is not mended,pointed out his son,we'll certainly have thieves coming in.The old man next door said the same thing.At night,his h

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

But he still had his spirit and charisma. 另一方面,他仍然保持着自己的精神和领袖魅力。 There were plenty of field trips, visits by akido masters, and off-site retreats. 乔布斯组织了大量的实地考察以及外出集思会,

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Business 商业报道 Telecom networks 电信网络 Two's company 双巨头 In an industry with a cost leader and a price leader, is there room for others? 当一个行业里既有成本领导者又有价格领导者的时候,其它公司还有市场

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Business 商业报道 HP's grand vision 惠普的远大宏景 Aping IBM 效仿IBM HP needs to transform itself if it is to avoid becoming obsolete 若想避免被淘汰,惠普需要自我更新 WHEN the board of HP, the world's largest computer-mak

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

God and FatherWhen the good Lord was creating fathers, He started with a tall frame. And a female angel nearby said, What kind of father is that? If you're going to make children so close to the ground, why have you put fathers up so high? He won't b

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Book Review; 书评; Eli Broad 埃利布罗德 Uncommonly unreasonable 不是不讲理 The Art of Being Unreasonable: Lessons in Unconventional Thinking. 不讲理的艺术:想法脱俗教会我们 Few businessmen have achieved as much as Eli Bro

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Mention softbank and most Japanese people, understandably, think of telecomsit is Japan's third-largest wireless carrier. 说起软银,大部分日本人会想到电信行业软银是日本第三大无线营运商。 The company hopes to weaken tha

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Big blue is donning red headgear. Even a few months ago the idea that IBM, a venerable corporate IT firm, 蓝色巨人戴上了红帽子。即便是在几个月前,万人敬仰的IT公司IBM would buy Red Hat, the biggest vendor of open-source soft

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Business 商业报道 Biotechnology 生物科技 Fever rising 持续升温 There are reasons to hope that the latest biotech boom will not be followed by another bust 我们有理由相信此次生物技术的繁荣不会伴随一次衰退 AS INVESTO

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

E-commerce in South-East Asia 东南亚电商 Home-field advantage 本土优势 The global online-shopping giants may not find it easy to conquer the region 全球的电商巨人可能都难以征服这一地区 TROPICAL rain pounds on the roof of a

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Worldwide Panel LLC, a small market-research firm, is getting flooded with resumes for four vacancies in sales and information technology. However, officials expect to reject numerous applicants after asking them: 'What is your greatest weakness?' Ca

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语