What Is the US Capitol Building? In 1863, the American poet Walt Whitman wrote approvingly about the United States Capitol building in Washington, DC. 1863年,美国诗人惠特曼赞美了华盛顿特区的国会大厦。 Whitman described the bui

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(389) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

[00:02.62]Don 't worry about that, We found a way to take you off the map, 别担心,我们知道怎么把你们从地图上抹去 [00:06.66]Coming up on your right: 你右侧将出现的 [00:10.14]Nothing, 无名地 [00:11.66]This is Kent Brockman

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-辛普森一家

He was at the Staples checkout counter. A red and white plastic button was on the counter. It was about five inches in diameter. On top of its plastic dome was the word Easy. He asked the clerk, What's this? She said, That's the Easy button. He asked

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

13 Talking About Architecture GLOSSARY structure a building or something else that has been built by humans * The Space Needle is probably the best-known structure in Seattle, Washington. architecture the art and science of designing and creating bui

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Some people, called Veneti, were troubled by a wild tribe from the north. 一个叫做威尼西亚的民族,受到北方一个野蛮部落的不断侵扰, So they moved to these islands to get away from these annoying tribes. 于是来到这些小岛

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

St. Peters is so large that thirty services can be carried on at one time without one interfering with another. 圣彼得教堂大得可以一次同时举行三十个宗教礼拜仪式而不会彼此干扰。 Inside the church everything is huge, to

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Lesson 36 第36章 The Dead and Alive City 死亡而又活着的城市 Two thousand years ago you could start out on any road anywhere, and if you kept on going far enough 两千年前,如果你从地球上的任意一个地方的任意一条路出发

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

There is, however, another great building in London that does have a dome like our Capitol. 然而,在伦敦另有一栋大楼还真有和我们的国会大厦一样的圆屋顶。 But that building is a church and it is called St. Pauls. 但那个楼

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

When I wa a boy I thought the Capital was the most beautiful building in the World. 小时候,我以为国会大厦就是世界上最美的建筑。 Since then I have seen nearly all of the most beautiful buildings in the World, 后来我见到了世

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

图片1 arc n.弧,弓形,拱 例句:An arc is a part of the circumference of a circle or other curved lines. 弧是圆周或曲线的一部分。 apt adj. 易于的,有倾向的 例句:She is a clever girl but apt to get into mischief. 她是

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Hello to you, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN. com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Folks, don't drive if you don't have to. A message from the Minnesota DOT to residents in the southwestern part of the state

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2008年(十二)月

Last weekend, a Writers Festival was held in Christchurch. The earthquakes of 2010 meant that the festival was cancelled that year so people have waited a long time for this event. The various sessions were held in the Geo Dome in Hagley Park and the

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Violet shouted, Somebodys out there! Jessie threw back the covers and dashed to the window. I dont see anyone. Are you sure? Positive! Violet thrust back the rosebud-sprigged curtains. A soft mist had drifted in from the hills. It was hard to see cle

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 63 The Mystery at Peacock Hall

265 以色列警方围攻Mount清真寺 Israeli Police Storm Mosque-Temple Mount Complex Ross Dunn Jerusalem 29 Jul 2001 17:16 UTC Israeli police have stormed the Temple Mount in Jerusalem ' s walled

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(3)

AS IT IS 2015-03-17 150-Year-Old US Capitol Dome Under Repairs 美国会大厦圆顶进行翻新修复 The United States Capitol Dome in Washington, DC, is recognized around the world as a symbol of the U.S. government. Since last November, the dome

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Several oil and gas facilities in the Gulf of Mexico have resumed operations following Hurricane Katrina. However, an industry analyst says the full extent of damage to generating facilities is still unknown. 美国墨西哥湾地区的几个炼油厂在

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

Jack and Annie slipped through a door off the boatdeck. Teddy was at their heals. WOW breathed Annie. Arf Arf!Teddy barkedThey were at the top of the empty guard stairway. It was beautiful. It was made of dark glossy wood. Ahuge dome with lights hung

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Rather too well, Littlefinger said. I still carry a token of his esteem. Did Brandon speak of me too? 我跟他很熟。小指头道,至今身上都还留着他的纪念。布兰登也提起过我? Often, and with some heat, Ned said, hoping that

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Welcome to assignment on the BBC World Service with me Yond Hakim. This week we had a journalist undercover in the Boko Haram's stronghold of northeast Nigeria in the city of Maiduguri. Whoever is working as a journalist in Maiduguri is taking a grea

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topic1 Air Pollution Discussion Based on Chai Jing's PresentationChai Jing's documentary Under the Dome has caught the attention of practically everyone, including environment professionals. How do professionals look at the piece that has popularized

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议