Senator Edward Kenney was honored today with words and music at his funeral Mass in Boston. Hundreds of mourners, Sir tenor Placido Domingo and cellist Yo-Yo Ma performed. And President Obama gave a eulogy praising Kennedy as the greatest legislator

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Unit 5 Text A Ernest Shackleton made many great achievements in his life as an explorer. The following story does not tell us, however, what he achieved but how he managed to rescue his men after his

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 21世纪大学英语读写教程

VOA Learning English presents Americas Presidents. Today we are talking about Warren Harding. He was the 29th president of the United States. Harding was very different from the 28th president, Woodrow Wilson. Wilson supported change; Harding promise

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Imprimis, fifty feet high in his socks; 首先,要高五十英尺; then, chest modelled after the Thames Tunnel then, legs with roots to 'em, to stay in one place; then, arms three feet through the wrist; 还有,胸膛得仿照泰晤士河隧道的

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Ralph Waldo Emerson described language as fossil poetry. 诗人艾默生曾将语言描述为化石般的诗。 But before it was fossil poetry, language was fossil metaphor. 但是在它成为化石般的诗之前,语言是化石般的暗喻。 An

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

St. Petersburg, the very name brings to mind some of Russia's greastest poets, writers and composers: Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Tchaikovsky. The 19th century was a golden age for St. Petersburg's wealthy classes. It was a world of ballets and balls, of ar

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

The name Majungasaurus is derived from the words Majunga, which is a district of Madagascar where they found the dinosaur, and tholus, which means dome in Latin. 玛君龙的名字来自两个词语,其一是马任加就是发现这种恐龙的马达

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Buckminster Fuller, 1895-1983: Building Designer, Engineer, Inventor, Thinker, Poet He was one of the most unusual thinkers of the twentieth century. VOICE ONE: I'm Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English progra

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Anon Ye little snails, With slippery tails, Who noiselessly travel Along this gravel, By a silvery path of slime unsightly, I learn that you visit my pea-rows nightly. Felonious your visit, I guess! And I give you this warning, That, every morning,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

At first glance, you would never know this warehouse contains vital weapons to combat the spreading oil slick. They're staging areas set up from Venice, Louisiana, all the way to Pensacola, Florida. So what's going on here in this staging area is goi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General Stanley McChrystal is acknowledging that some civilians were at least injured in an airstrike yesterday against two hijacked fuel tanker trucks. From what I have seen today in going to the hosp

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

BP's attempt at securing a chamber around the source of an expanding oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico may be in trouble. In a news briefing moments ago, CEO Doug Suttles said ice crystals had formed inside the containment dome when it was placed over

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

背诵GRE词汇的时候,不仅要背诵下来,也要将这些词汇的意思及用法同时记忆下来。在背诵的时候,对于同类型或者意义相近的词汇,做到辨析和掌握的话,就会对GRE考试更加有利。下面就为

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

1)每次在夜空中,看到这颗星球孤独旋转,我心中都会有一种难以名状的依恋和亲切。 Every time I see this lonely planet rotating in the dark sky, an unnamable sense of attachment and affection arise from the bottom of

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

PBS Admits Using Old Fireworks Footage in Fourth of July Broadcast 美国电视台播独立日烟火秀造假 It was not exactly a perfect night in Washington for Fourth of July fireworks this year, when fog and rain blanketed the sky and made the In

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

眼见为虚耳听为实 顶级RB系列 NO.7 希望大家喜欢 原版是Jennifer Lopez的You Are Everything 歌手是街头声音网(SV)的一名歌手 名字叫AL 又称六甲官锭 英文歌词: 歌词转自songtaste By endless.love you are my everything and i need you to know I just can't waitin

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

[00:01]Sm:My dear Senator, it may be customary out on the prairie to take French leave of people and not show up for five hours. [00:07]Sa:Oh, I'm very sorry about that, Miss Saunders. [00:10]You,you are Miss Saunders, aren't you? [00:11]Mo:Yea

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

Overhead the sky was of a clear, thin gold, with heavy masses of violet cloud stretched across from north to south, 头顶天空清澈无比,夹杂稀疏细薄的金黄,紫罗兰色的厚实云团从北往南横铺天穹, and thickening as they

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Gay, guiltless pair, 同性恋男人,好一对清纯妙人, What seek ye from the fields of heaven? 天国辽阔, 你们在寻找什么? Ye have no need of prayer, 当然,你们无需祷告, Ye have no sins to be forgiven. 原本清白,更

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

But the tendency to rapid sinking in this substance was in the present instance materially counteracted 不过,这种东西的迅速下沉的趋势,在这一只鲸头说来, by the other parts of the head remaining undetached from it, so that i

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记