The Pantheon here was built by the Emperor Haydrian in the 2nd century AD and its 1)dome is still one of the largest 2)concrete domes in the world. It's 50 yards across and its concrete is up to 20 fe

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(209) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2001年

EXPLORATIONS - Mauna Kea in Hawaii: Astronomy on the World's Highest Island Mountain By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ba

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., is one of the most recognized buildings in the world. Its design was influenced by the classical bui

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

Climbing 攀登 High up in the apple tree climbing I go, 我爬到苹果树的高处 With the sky above me, the earth below. 头上是天空,脚下是大地 Each branch is the step of a wonderful stair 每个枝权都是绝妙的阶梯 Which leads

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

Climbing 攀登 High up in the apple tree climbing I go, 我爬到苹果树的高处 With the sky above me, the earth below. 头上是天空,脚下是大地 Each branch is the step of a wonderful stair 每个枝权都是绝妙的阶梯 Which leads

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

Russia and China joined forces at the United Nations Security Council today to block a resolution that called for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down. The other 13 members supportive of the measure aimed at ending Syria's deadly crackdown o

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

From President Obama's national security advisor, a benign evaluation of how much Pakistan knew about bin Laden's hideout in Abbottabad. We don't have evidence at this point that the political, military and intelligence leadership of Pakistan knew ab

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Presently they heard a solemn Voice, that seemed to come from somewhere near the top of the great dome, and it said: 没多久,他们听到一个声音,似乎从靠近那巨大的圆屋顶上传下来的,郑重地说道: I am Oz, the Great an

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

You know, we English are so dreadfully ignorant. 你知道,我们英国人见闻狭窄,简直太可怕了。 You must forgive me if it's necessary to explain. 如果我不得不做些解释,你一定得原谅我。 Then she turned to me. 接着她

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

Topics: American Movies-The Fugitive; The United States Capitol Building; knowable versus scrutable versus tangible; to go through versus to get through; to man up Words: fugitive to be convicted to derail scandal series architect to inaugurate dome

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Thats providing you can overcome your sexual attraction to me ha ha. If the worst comes to the worst, Ill lock you in your room at nights. Anyway, now the big one 3 As soon as youve read this, go to the student travel agency on Tottenham Court Road a

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning un-necessary. (D.C,Fisher, American female novelist) 母亲不是赖以依靠的人,而是使依靠成为不必要的人。(美国女小

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Environment, economy, elections, education, all E words and all part of these Monday edition of CNN Student News. From CNN center, Im Carl Azuz. First up, officials are moving on to Plan C to try to stop the oil thats gushing into the Gulf of Mexico.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

Another big story we're following for you this morning, that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Boom! They're now being battered in the water, and one of the main lines to defense here against the Gulf of Mexico oil spill may not in the end hol

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Nora Raum. A possible tornado tore through downtown Atlanta last night, injuring at least 9 people. The storm took out windows, brought down power lines and shook a crowded sports arena. From Atlanta, NPR's Kathy Loh

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台三月

Inside this nonexistence I know very clearly The directions, all the points Of every potential quarter I forge my wisdom Into an arc surrounding all I forge my heartbeat To a dome all heavens wide I know the sun and the moon The names of stars Their

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Would you like a drink with me? (If you dont mind, can I talk to you if its all right) I want your body close to mine (All night, while were dancing in the moonlight) We could spend the night in ectasy (Kissing, touching, caressing) You know that you

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

BBC Learning English The Monument Callum:Hello, I'm Callum Robertson. London is famous for many of its sights and historical buildings. Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Tower of London, to name but a few. Today I'm visiting one, a monument, which per

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

A robotic elephant trunk and an electronic jellyfish are just some of the robots on show at a fair designed to inspire young people. It's hoped that the Worldskills 2011 fair will give insights into the future for the next generation of robotics expe

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

激起一场全国性的辩论 ignite a national debate 穹顶之下是一部关于空气污染的纪录片 Under the Dome is a documentary on air pollution. 得到一亿点击量 get 100 million views.

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(315) / 评论(0) 分类 新鲜英语早知道