7. Confirming an Appointment 确认约会 Secretary: Good afternoon, Mr. Domes office. 下午好,Dome先生办公室。 Denise: This is Denise, Mr. Bruces Secretary. I was calling to confirm his meeting tomorrow with Mr. Dome 4 oclock. 我是Denise

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(296) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方口语商务与个人

As the Aldens explored the train, they found out it was very long. The children counted twenty cars. On one end were the sleeping cars and on the other there were many coach cars with big, comfortable seats. The porters were handing out pillows. A lo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 51 The Mystery on the Train

The Library of Congress is America's national library. It has more thanone-hundred-twenty-million books and other objects. It has newspapers, popular publications and letters of historical interest.It also has maps, photographs, art prints, movies, s

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Nov. 12 The votes are in and were looking at the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending November 12, 2016. No contested results here: the Billboard editors have ranked these

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(十一月)

Unit 13 I can squeeze you in... Vocabulary Task Script Sheila: Tom, I cant make that meeting on Tuesday. My schedule is pretty full. Tuesday is impossible. Tom: Yeah. Looks like youll be too busy. Youre booked solid all day. Can you make it Monday? S

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

1. Republican presidential nominee John McCain says he will stop campaigning tomorrow so he can return to Washington and focus on the country's economic crisis. He's also calling on his staff to work with Barack Obama's campaign so they can delay th

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(九)月

Topics:American Musicals-Cabaret; The Guggenheim Museum; relation versus relationship; rerun versus syndication; belly of the beast Words: to premiere master of ceremonies cabaret boarding house to claim errand abstract art to exhibit distinctive dom

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Before Christ was born people believed there were many gods who were like good and bad fairies, 在基督诞生之前,人们相信世界上有很多神,这些神有的像善良的仙子,有的像邪恶的精灵, and statues were made of them

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. This Saturday night at eight thirty, all the lights will be shut off at the Tokyo Tower in Japan. The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and the Eiffel Tower in Paris are also expected to go dark. So is the

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

On the moon with the dust not stone many crater for my bed. There is a strange man which is cheer up rocking back with which bias on my head. In the room with the king and the queen and the prince and the princess too. And a dog is the God for the go

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

EXPLORATIONS - The US Capitol Represents American Democracy MARIO RITTER: Im Mario Ritter. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. is one of the most recognized build

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

BBC Learning English People and Places Chinese warriors in London Amber:Hello, Im Amber and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com In People and Places today, the Director of the British Museum, Neil Macgregor, introduces us to some extraordinary

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

历届世博:美国1901年查尔斯顿世博会 Charleston Exposition英语介绍The South Carolina Inter-State and West Indian Exposition, commonly called the Charleston Exposition or the West Indian Exposition, was a regional trade exposition hel

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Where once only salt miners traveled, today, tourists trek(艰苦跋涉), through tunnels hundreds of feet deep into the caverns(大洞穴) of Zipaquir Mountain in Colombia. Their destination: a Catholic cathedral carved from the mineral deposits of

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

The golden dome which is mounted right at the top of the prayer pole is the most sacred object of all. Or it will be once it's retrieved. The old Shamanic beliefs of Tibet ascribed magical powers to the landscape, but theres a far more tangible sourc

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Supernovae occur when a giant star, one much bigger than our own Sun, collapses and then spectacularly explodes, releasing in an instant the energy of a hundred billion suns, burning for a time brighter than all the stars in its galaxy. It's like a t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

circular depression 圆形的凹陷 circular adj. 圆形的,循环的 composite volcano 复式火山 conduit n. 导管,沟渠 conduit system 沟渠系统 cone n. 锥形物,圆锥体 congeal v. (

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

sloping cone 有坡度的圆锥体 sodium n.[化]钠 solar system [天]太阳系 solidification n. 凝固 solidify v.(使)凝固,巩固 spine n. 脊骨,地面隆起地带 spiteful adj. 怀恨的,恶

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

debate v.争论, 辩论n.争论, 辩论 解析:beyond debate无疑义,无可争辩,unanimous debate upon 讨论(问题) debate upon on讨论(问题) debate upon a question讨论(问题) debate o

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

He tells his generals:My decision is irrevocable. 他告诉他的将军:我的决定不可改变。 I will attack France when the time is right. I will be victorious or die in the attempt. 时机到了我就会攻击法国。不成功便成仁。 Y

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 二战启示录