The political world of Berlin is now concentrated almost entirely in the center of the capital. Numerous new buildings had to be built here before the government could move from Bonn to Berlin. One of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 柏林之旅

PHOEBE ZIMMERMANN: Im Phoebe Zimmermann. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about an unusual man who had many abilities, Richard Buckminster Fuller. (MUSIC) PHOEBE ZIMMERMANN: Buildin

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Jerusalem is arguably the world's most revered city, it's the city of king David (1,000 B.C.), the place of Christ's last ministry and Crucifixion, and the site where the prophet Mohammad is believed to have ascended to heaven. Over a turbulent 3,000

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Explanation: The United States government is divided into three branches (or parts), and all three share equal (or the same) amounts of power. The easiest way to understand the divisions (or parts) of American government is to think of the government

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

The Barreleye fish lives at depths of 400 to 2,000 meters and is perhaps one of the strangest creatures in the sea. The fish are very rare. A dead specimen was first discovered in 1939. A live specimen was not seen until 2004. The one in the video be

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

Unit 18 DIALOGUE I Save Our Heritage A: Finally we're back from the field trip. B: Yes. But our visit to that historic city could've been more exciting. A: I know. If it hadn't been for the destructio

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语教程

A Pentagon report being released this hour says nearly three quarters of service members polled believe that allowing gays to serve openly in the military will have little to no impact, but the report says there is a significant minority that opposes

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Personality and Character I: What kind of personality do you think you have? C: I'm easy to approach and friendly to everyone. / I'm inclined to think independently. / Frankly, I have a inquiring mind. / I think I'm a cooperative worker. / Well, I ap

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

EXPLORATIONS - Yosemite National Park By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: Half Dome. And this is Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

1. Israel has deployed two batteries of its Iron Dome rocket defense system to the north of the country after Israeli warplanes struck the Syrian capital. A senior Israeli official says the airstrikes were targeting a shipment of precision guided mis

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(五月)

Volunteers Get Taste of Mars in Hawaii 志愿者在夏威夷体验火星 For generations, people have dreamed of traveling to Mars to explore Earth's closest planetary neighbor. NASA and other space agencies have announced plans to send people to the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

New Technology Aims to Put Audiences Inside the Movie 虚拟现实电影让观众身临其境 A new technology might change the way people watch movies in the theater. 一项新技术可能会改变人们在影院观看电影的方式。 Instead of w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2015-10-20 Eritrean Shot, Beaten to Death by Mistake An Eritrean died after being shot by an Israeli security guard and then beaten by a crowd of bystanders Sunday. Videotape showed an Israeli security guard shooting Mulu Habtom Zerhom as he

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Space exploration financing, we've discussed the money it would take to get to deep space and questions about whether it's worth it. Space exploration technology, we've showed you the potential vehicles and rockets that could take people far, far awa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年8月

She took off her old leather shoes and tried on the silver ones, which fitted her as well as if they had been made for her. 于是她扔掉旧皮鞋,穿上那双银的,很适合,就像为她量身定做的一样。 Finally she picked up her bas

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

Tender Is the Night - Book One by F. Scott Fitzgerald Chapter 22 Nicole pulled her dressing-gown closer around her and dismissed him briskly. Mystified she took a bath and dressed. By this time it was after ten and she called Rosemary but got no answ

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Do Peru's potatoes have the right stuff? 秘鲁的土豆能经受住考验吗? That's the question scientists will be asking in Lima next month, when a selection of tubers will begin undergoing tests to determine whether they're fit to grow on Mars

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

ISTANBUL, Oct. 30 (Xinhua) -- Petra Kvitova won her first season ending championship Sunday as the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships concluded in Turkey's largest city Istanbul. Kvitova, unbeaten throughout the tournament, overcome Victoria Azarenka

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

饶舌:Gucci Mane - Sex In Crazy Places 相关介绍 :来自亚特兰大的Radric Gucci Mane Davis,在发行了个人首张专辑《Trap House》四年之后,人气日渐高涨。 Bricks, Photo Shoot, Shirt Off and Stoopid and the Make the Trap

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

JERUSALEM Israels military offensive in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip is continuing for a fifth day, and there has been no let up in the Palestinian rocket attacks on southern Israel. In all, at least 53 Palestinians have been killed, including 24 civil

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻