1. I work in a post office. Are you a letter carrier? 2. Greg works in a bank. Is he a teller? 3. They live in Washington. Are they senators? 4. I eat breakfast at 8:00 a.m. What do you eat? 5. She goes to work at 9:00 a.m. Where does she work? 6. Ed

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

Once there lived a Prince. His name was Zayian. One day he went for hunting in the forest. When he was going into the deep jungle, he saw a beautiful girl. She was searching for something. He had never seen such a beautiful girl ever before. She came

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Long long ago there ruled a king by name Nazar. He ruled the kingdom in peace and prosperity. He also led a peaceful life. But he had a problem. Prince Hussein, his son was not willing to marry. Many maidens and princesses tried to marry the prince w

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

M adam President and * Members of the General Assembly: When Secretary General Hammarskjolds invitation to address this General Assembly reached me in Bermuda, I was just beginning a series of conferences with the Prime Ministers and Foreign Ministe

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(402) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

16. the war between Britain and France In the late eighteenth century, battles raged in almost every corner of Europe, as well as in the Middle East, south Africa ,the West Indies, and Latin America. In reality, however, there was only one major war

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(222) / 评论(0) 分类 英语范文背诵20篇

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is sentence length. This episode was written by guest writer, Bonnie Trenga, author of The Curious Case of the Misplaced Modifier. I was glad to hear from those of you who enjoyed Bonnie's writing last week. I'll be b

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Thousands of years ago, there lived a King. His people loved him since he looked after their needs well. At the end of every month, he would invite some noble men of his Kingdom to analyze his work and advised him. The King built many things. Every y

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

BEIJING, Aug. 12 (Xinhua) -- A 6.2-magnitude earthquake jolted northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region at 18:47 Beijing Time on Sunday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC). The epicenter, with a depth of about 30 kilom

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

10 Steps To Achieve Excellence in Anything When I was a kid, people would constantly speak in admiration of those who were excellent in whatever they were doing. These could be students who achieved academic excellence, successful business people, to

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(297) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

PARIS, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- The French Football Federation handed rising star Yann Mvila more than 18 months of international ban after the player broke a night-time curfew between two key U-21 European championship qualifiers last month. Also banned a

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

PARIS, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Europe's leading airline Air France-KLM announced on Thursday its plan to lay off 5,122 employees out of 49,301 staff of Air France by 2013, but not in a compulsory way. With the aim to cut the group's 2-billion-euro net de

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Air France tail section recovered 法航飞机尾部复原 A Brazilian search team has recovered a large tail section of the Air France jet that crashed a week ago over the Atlantic with 228 people on board. The Brazilian military released photos of divers

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

How to Experience Life Many of us go through life without truly living it. Jonathan Swift once said; There are only few who live today, most of us live tomorrow. I have mostly lived in tomorrow, always looking forward, aiming for my goals. Many times

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

SHANGHAI, April 8 (Xinhua) -- China's icebreaker Xuelong, or Snow Dragon, returned to its Shanghai base on Sunday after completing the country's 28th Antarctic expedition. The vessel received a brief welcoming ceremony at the base dock, organized by

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

音乐咖啡厅:Lemar - Wait Forever 相关介绍:施展出迷人节奏蓝调,灵魂等音韵的大本营美国,捧红多为扬名国际的歌手,然而进入90年代,传承Aretha Franklin、Roberta Flack等绝代动人的灵魂音韵,香醇

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Apple Inc. on Thursday launched its smartphone-based payment system in China where the electronic payments market is already dominated by an arm of e-commerce giant Alibaba. 本周四,苹果公司的智能手机支付系统正式登陆中国。中国

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

节奏布鲁斯:Lemar - If theres any justice 相关介绍:施展出迷人节奏蓝调,灵魂等音韵的大本营美国,捧红多为扬名国际的歌手。然而进入90年代,传承Aretha Franklin、Roberta Flack等绝代动人的灵魂音韵

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

A Little Piece of Me When he told me he was leaving I felt like a vase which has just smashed. there were pieces of me all over the tidy, tan tiles. He kept talking, telling me why he was leaving, explaining it was for the best, I could do better, it

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Workers are more inclined to accept help if they feel the treatment regime will be considerate. 如果雇员们治疗方案合适的话,他们更愿意接受治疗。 Cognitive behavioural therapy, which teaches people to bypass unhelpful thoughts,

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Balance Brings Comfort Comfort is associated with balance. We feel most comfortable when our lives are in balance. Looking at our world today and the chaotic busy lives we lead, you might think that we are most comfortable with busyness. But, few of

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间