新编英语教程第六册unit12_3_The_Pursuit_of_Excellence

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语阅读部分

The tree was full of red apples. The farmer was riding his brown horse. He stopped under the tree. He reached out and picked an apple off a branch. He bit into the raw apple. He enjoyed the apple. His horse turned its head to look at him. The farmer

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

A: What are you up to? B: Im filling out applications. A: Youre filling out applications for what? B: Theyre college applications. A: Youre already in college. B: Im going to transfer to a different school. A: What school are you transferring to? B:

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

American companies spent $91bn on staff training last year, almost a third as much again as they did in 2016. 去年美国公司员工培训支出为910亿美元,比2016年多了近三分之二。 That equated to more than $1,000 for every staff me

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

A SPECTRE is haunting workersthe rise of artificial intelligence (AI). 有一种恐惧正萦绕员工的心头人工智能(AI)的兴起。 The fear is that smart computer programs will eliminate millions of jobs, 他们担心电脑小程序将会淘

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

He had very little money. It was cold outside. It was winter. But he was inside. He was inside his apartment. Right now he was okay, because he was inside his apartment. But next month he would not be okay. Next month he would be outside his apartmen

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

They drove to the park. They got in line. Many cars were in front of them. They should have gotten up earlier. We should have gotten up earlier, said Mom. I know, said Dad. We should not have slept in. I know, said Mom. But sometimes its nice to slee

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939) The trees are in their autumn beauty, The woodland paths are dry, Under the October twilight the water Mirror a still sky; Upon the brimming water among the stones Are nine-and-fifty swans. The nineteenth autumn has

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

Grammar Girl here. Today's topics are style guides and how to deal with book titles. Joe called in with this question: With all of the style guides that are out there -- APA, MLA -- why would anyone use Chicago? I was finding it very hard to believe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

THISISAMERICA-AmericaandtheStruggleforJobs FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Faith Lapidus. DOUG JOHNSON: And Im Dough Johnson. This week on our program, we look at the job situation in the United States. There was

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Kenya Cattle Benefit from Mobile Service iCow Mutige is three months' pregnant. Her owner, Michael Ruchu, is delighted, predicting that his cow's offspring will produce up to 25 liters of milk each day. Its father was a very good bull, and I am expec

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

A: When you insured your car, what kind did you buy? B: I decided to buy from GEICO. A: What influenced your choice of companies? B: I looked at the customer satisfaction rating of the company. A: How did you figure out what services to buy? B: Every

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

Prince William and Catherine Middleton's big wedding day is just hours away. And while people around the world prepare to toast to their future, some are also drawn to that other happy day nearly 30 years ago when William's parents, Prince Charles an

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

PARIS, Dec. 23 (Xinhua) -- French health authorities on Friday urged 30,000 women to remove the local-made breast implant, pledging that relevant expenses would be covered by the state. The health ministry said in a statement that they spot no increa

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Dec. 22 (Xinhuanet) -- Susan Boyle will sing live in China on New Year's Eve, a local television broadcaster has announced(宣布). The much-loved Scottish singing sensation has agreed to perform on December 31 in Nanjing, eastern China'

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英文歌词: I can't see your star I can't see your star Though I patiently waited, bedside, for the death of today I can't see your star The mechanical lights of Lisbon frightened it away And I'm alone now Me and all I stood for We're wandering now A

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

英文歌词: Don't cry to me If you loved me You would be here with me You love me, come find me Make up your mind Should've let you fall And lose it all So maybe you can remember yourself Can't keep believing We're only deceiving ourselves And i'm si

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

For 90 years, Wenatchee has celebrated the Apple Blossom Festival. It is a huge event that takes place, as the title suggests, in Spring. At that time of year, the valley becomes full of the color(our) and smell of pink apple blossoms. The festival c

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

3 Ways to Perfect Your Work-Life Balance Whether you have just started in the world of work or a seasoned professional, establishing a successful work-life balance can prove difficult challenge. Having a good work life balance is a huge factor in you

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语