Unit 10 Insurance 保险Basic Expressions1. We have covered insurance on 1,000 cases of beer for 110% of the invoice value against all risks. 我们已将一千箱啤酒按发票金额的百分之一百一十投保一切险。 2. If you desire us to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸实务口语

Today, were launching a new podcast: Business Skills 360. Free Resources: Transcript | Game Quiz Business Skills 360 will focus on the soft skills essential to your success in business. The BusinessEnglish360.com website is also a social networking p

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语求职面试培训

Britains system of car insurance has been turned on its head by the European Court of Justice. For decades, British motorists have paid insurance premiums based on their sex. The rationale for this was that men were far more likely to have accidents

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语

今天我们要学的词是truce。 Truce, 是停战的意思。美国民主党最看好的两位总统参选人希拉里.克林顿和巴拉克.奥巴马参议员最近在种族问题上互相攻击。但是双方都意识到,这种争执的结果只

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Today's topic is prepositions. Here's a typical listener question: I wanted to know if you could do a podcast on not ending a sentence with prepositions. Just as Harry Potter was unfairly labeled undesirable number one in the latest J.K. Rowling book

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Grammar Girl here. Today guest-writer Bonnie Trenga will help us talk about which clauses and whether its OK to start a sentence with oneor a new paragraph. Incomplete Sentences Sentences that are missing something, such as a subject or a predicate,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

The Crying Prince ( excerpt ) The IE's happy prince was filled with tears, and tears were running down his golden cheeks.His face was so beatiful in the moonlight, that little swallow was filled with pity. Who are you ?he said. I am the happy prince

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

A: Hello, I am interested in buying auto insurance. B: Sure, I can help you. Did you bring all of your registration papers? A: Yes, I brought everything with me. B: Is your car with you? A: Yes, it is out in the parking lot. B: Wonderful. Let's go ou

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -April 5, 2002: Antarctic Ice Breaks Off By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. A huge piece of ice the size of a small country has broken off Antarctic

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Todd: OK, Chris, Friday the 13th is coming up. So, first of all, are you superstitious? Chris: Yes. When I play sports I'm superstitious. I have a lucky shirt and stuff like that. Todd: Oh, really? Chris: Yeah. Todd: So what's your lucky shirt? Chris

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. The Intel Science Talent Search is the top science competition for high school students in the United States. The forty finalists were honored in Washington last week. They met with scientists and pol

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Ocean Floor is Prime Target of Mining Industry The next great frontier for the mining industry could be hydrothermal vents that lie deep on the ocean floor. The super-hot flues create deposits of sulfide, which contain precious metals such as gold, s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

French President Nicolas Sarkozy is calling for new international nuclear safety standards, warning radiation leaks at Japan's Fukushima Power Plant could affect the entire world. Sarkozy is calling for nuclear officials from the G20 group of industr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Doctors often use drugs in combination. Sometimes one medicine will enhance the effectiveness of another. Or a drug will have side effects that are eased by a different medicine. Now, researchers have found one drug that does both, and the name of th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

EDUCATION REPORT — June 20, 2002: ESOL and Glebe School By Jerilyn Watson This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Millions of students in American schools today are recent immigrants or ch

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

BEIJING, March 5 (Xinhua) -- Rising NBA star Jeremy Lin has won over many young basketball fans in China, but not Shi Shuaijun, who says his hero is an altruist revered by generations of schoolchildren as Uncle Lei Feng. Lei Feng has won Shi's admira

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Barca and Atletic look to pile pressure on Real Madrid MADRID, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona have the chance to further pile the pressure on Real Madrid in matchday nine of the BBVA Primera Liga. League leaders Barca travel to the capital to take

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Milan held by Anderlecht in Champions League ROME, Sept. 18 (Xinhua) -- AC Milan failed to shrug off their disappointing form as they were held to a 0-0 draw by Anderlecht at home in the Champions League first round group match on Tuesday. Milan have

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Apple computer company introduced a new version of its popular iPad Wednesday, with a sharper screen (featuring the retina display), an improved (5 MP) camera, and the ability to use Verizon's 4G LTE wireless service, a faster method to access th

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Open-plan offices are particularly bad at providing an environment for calm, creative work, they argue. So library rules are imposed at Basecamp. 尤其是敞开式的办公室,更难为创造性工作提供一个安静的环境,他们争论到。因

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列