EXPLORATIONS - National Air And Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: Artist's picture of the Ud

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

A: What do you need? B: I have a question about my insurance. A: What are you wondering about? B: Were there any changes to my insurance? A: What do you think was changed? B: My premium is different. A: What's the problem? B: I think that my premium

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

A: Hello, how may I help you? B: I need to ask you something about my insurance. A: What's your question? B: Did you make any changes to my insurance? A: What kind of changes are you referring to? B: My premium isn't the same. A: Is there a problem w

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

I feel that this award was not made to me as a man, but to my work -- a life's work in the agony and sweat of the human spirit, not for glory and least of all for profit, but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something which did not

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

PEOPLEINAMERICA-HelenKeller,1880-1968:OutofaWorldofDarknessandSilence,SheBroughtHopetoMillions SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: I'm Shirley Griffith. RAY FREEMAN: And I'm Ray Freeman. Every week we tell about a person who was important in the history of the United

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

France, Algeria: Two Lenses on the Past Algeria's war of independence from France has been retold many times - in movies and in history books on both sides of the Mediterranean. Today, the French Army Museum in Paris offers the latest narrative - cas

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Tripoli Neighborhood Checkpoints Help Keep the Peace The Moammar Gadhafi government in Libya has collapsed after 42 years, and many people question whether Tripoli will descend into the chaos that plagued Baghdad after the fall of Iraq's Saddam Husse

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

A: I was anxious to find out what the sellers had to say about my counter-offer. B: I was able to contact them so, if youll step into my office, well talk. A: Did they go with the proposed counter-offer? B: They want you to pick up the cost of the ho

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

在这个节目中我们将学到: 经典语境背诵 Daniel:The view on the peak is really great. In different seasons you can see a lot of different sceneries, all of which are really amazing. So each time I go mountain climbing I would feel re

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Jimmy dropped a piece of paper on the floor. He bent over and picked it up. He folded the piece of paper in two. He put it on the table. He picked up a pencil. He wrote a phone number on the piece of paper. He put the pencil on the table. He picked u

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(377) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

THE MAKING OF A NATION - June 13, 2002: World War Two / Science By David Jarmul Explosion of the first atomic bomb, July 16, 1945, in the New Mexico desert. (Picture - Library of Congress) VOICE 1: TH

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: German Forces Defeated in Russia and Britain STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. (MUSIC) In December nineteen forty-one, the United States

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Nancy-Amelia Collins Banda Aceh 27 December 2006 Indonesia and its tsunami-ravaged Aceh province have taken another big step away from their conflict-ridden past with first-ever direct elections in the former separatist region. The historic Decem

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

Greenhouse Gas Speeded Ice Age Melting A new study in the Journal Nature provides compelling evidence that carbon dioxide was a major driver of climate change at the end of the last Ice Age. That correlation supports the prevailing scientific view th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Kentucky's Tea Party is a Force to be Reckoned With Kentucky voter Eric Wilson is concerned about his childrens future. I have to do now what is right, to give them the lifestyle that they need, Wilson said. He is so passionate that he leads the Kent

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Judges at the International Criminal Court have issued summonses for the six Kenyans suspected of organizing the country's post-election violence over three years ago. More than two months after the ICC prosecutor, Luis Moreno-Ocampo, revealed the so

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Bacteria Thrive on Ocean Plastic Debris It takes about six weeks for a plastic bag or bottle to ride the surface currents from the U.S. East Coast to the Sargasso Sea, in the center of the North Atlantic. The area is a gyre, essentially a big whirlpo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

By Joe De Capua A new initiative has been launched to strengthen the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Africa, making them better able to respond to emergencies. The local humanitarian groups ar

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

1. labyrinthine /ˌlbəˈrɪnɪn/ -- 1. full of confusing passageways; intricate 2. complicated, like the Labyrinth Labyrinth是建筑在克里特的迷宫。迷宫(labyrinthos)在希腊神话中是一座精心制作的建筑物,由名匠代达罗

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

MANAGEMENT books have a deservedly poor reputation. 管理学书籍活该口碑差。 Too often they are written by people who confuse insight with jargon, the types who love to call a spade a manual horticultural utensil. 这些书的作者常是那些

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列