Jordanians Wary of US Force on Syrian Border The fighting in Syria has increasingly dragged in regional and international powers, even if - as in the case of the United States - the engagement appears reluctant. The U.S. has plans to boost its small

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Online Classes May Force Changes at Universities This is pretty amazing, said the University of Virginia's David Evans, teaching an online introduction to Computer Science. Online classes are now taught by many top universities and offer everything f

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

A: Did you get a chance to speak with the sellers about my counter-offer? B: Yes, and I think I have good news for you. A: Did they accept the counter-offer? B: Yes, they accepted your counter-offer, but they want you to pay for the home inspection.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: Were you able to contact the owners about my counter-offer? B: Yes, please have a seat, and well discuss this right now. A: I hope that they accepted the counter-offer. B: The counter-offer was acceptable to them, but they want you to pay for the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

Insurance An insurance agent called me this morning. This particular agent wanted to discuss my automobile coverage, but the next agent to call might be interested in my life insurance program, my health insurance, or fire protection for my home and

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

英语作文 Direction:For this part,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition in three paragraphs.You are given the first sentence of the three paragrapgs.Your part of the composition should be no less than 100 words,not including the words giv

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

ENVIRONMENT REPORT – August 2, 2002: Navy Sonar and Ocean Animals By Caty Weaver This is the VOA Special English Environment Report. American officials have approved a plan for the United States Nav

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Education Report - US Schools Under Pressure to Deal With Sexual Violence This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Federal officials in the United States are telling schools that they need to do a better job of preventing sexual violence and

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Mapping Mountain Range Found Under Antarctic Ice Its late afternoon at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, where Robin Bell is at work analyzing various images of glaciers and plotting her next expedition to the frozen southern pole. She takes a br

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Oregon Moves to Zone Ocean U.S. communities routinely use zoning laws to control where businesses may operate in a neighborhood. Now there's a move to zone the ocean. A number of coastal states and the federal government have fledgling plans to coord

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Dire Warnings Issued on Diminishing Arctic Ice Polar bears hunt seals from sea ice, but could drown if forced to swim long distances in open water. Satellite photos released by Americas space agency, NASA, illustrate the daunting threat to such bears

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Lebanese Fable Follows Female Fight For Peace Where Do We Go From Here? opens with a group of black-clad women moving slowly from the village toward the cemetery. But, instead of walking, they sway and slide in a mystical dance, establishing the film

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Silent Movie Speaks of Romance Hollywood's finest offerings often appear during the holiday season. This year, one of them is Michel Hazanavicius' The Artist, a black-and-white homage to the silent films of the 1920s. The Artist, a silent film itself

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Science: 2011 Breakthrough of the Year The journal Science has named an AIDS study as its 2011 Breakthrough of the Year. The clinical trial found that antiretroviral drugs can be used to dramatically lower the risk of transmitting HIV. The clinical t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

NTCForcesHammeratGadhafiStrongholdofBaniWalid Forces loyal to Libya's National Transitional Council are making what they hope is the final push for Bani Walid, one of ousted leader Moammar Gadhafi's last strongholds. NATO is providing the NTC with ai

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Researchers Identify New Target in Cancer Fight Scientists have identified a new way of fighting cancer that limits the growth and spread of a variety of tumors in laboratory animals. When you get a cut, the area quickly becomes inflamed - swollen, r

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Privilege and Pressure: A Profile of the Royal Romance There are just days to go until British royal Prince William weds Catherine Middleton on April 29, in a ceremony that is expected to be watched by billions around the world. Observers have praise

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

France says humanitarian aid and not military intervention should be the priority in dealing with the violence in Libya, amid stepped-up efforts by the Libyan opposition to oust the nation's long-time leader, Moammar Gadhafi. In a television intervie

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

More foreign dairy firms have announced plans to cut their baby formula prices in China. It comes after Chinese authorities launched investigations over alleged price-fixing of a handful of manufacturers. Despite the promised price cuts, customers re

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Katie Melua凯蒂玛露19岁,俄罗斯人,成长于俄罗斯及英国。2003年底,首支单曲The Closest Thing To Crazy发行便强登英国金榜Top 10。不久,广获好评的首张专辑一举挤下英伦人气天后Dido/蒂朵、击退Norah Jones,荣获6周英国金榜后座,成为英国2004开春迄今最畅销专辑

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅