A: Am I in the right place to catch the Super Shuttle? B: This is the Super Shuttle stop. Where are you trying to get to? A: My final destination is my home in Pasadena. B: The destination of each van is always written across the top. I have Glendale

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

Everybody loves World Sleep Day. This day was first held in 2008 by the World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM). Its aim is to advance the health benefits of sleep worldwide. WASM wants to promote and encourage education and research into sleep, a

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Seven Years After Katrina, New Orleans Still Struggles to Rebuild In the aftermath of Katrina, the city of New Orleans was in ruins. One hundred twenty of the citys 200,000 homes were destroyed. Eighty percent of the city was flooded. It wasnt the hu

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd planned to speak to you tonight to report on the state of the Union, but the events of earlier today have led me to change those plans. Today is a day for mourning and remembering. Nancy and I are pained to the core by the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Good evening, my fellow citizens: This Government, as promised, has maintained the closest surveillance of the Soviet military buildup on the island of Cuba. Within the past week, unmistakable evidence has established the fact that a series of offen

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(268) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

A: What are you doing? B: Im just filling out applications. A: Applications for what? B: Im filling out college applications. A: But youre already in college. B: I am going to transfer. A: What school are you going to transfer to? B: I still need to

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Roberto Clemente: The first Latino Player Honored in the Baseball Hall of Fame VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Roberto Clemente And I'm Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Roberto Clemente. He was

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Emily sat down on the sofa. She took off her shoes. She put her feet on the coffee table. She leaned back. She picked up the remote and turned on the TV. It was 6 oclock. The news was on three channels. She didnt want to see the news. The news depres

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

The Masalai of Lep Island Story by Mike Soanin Translated by Thomas H. Slone Long, long ago, in Manus Province, there was a small island behind Baluan Island [Baluan-Pam People]. This island was called Lep. On Lep Island, there was a masalai who had

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Air Pollution Harms Young Lungs / A Legal Settlement Over Teflon By Broadcast: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - True or False: Kids + Too Much TV = Less Ability to Learn? By Jill Moss, Jerilyn Watson,... Broadcast: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in V

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

英语作文 130words 要包含以下内容 1.过去,拥有大学文凭就意味着可以找到一个好工作 2.这种情况已经发生了很大变化 3.如何面对这一深刻的变化 About a decade ago, university students could find satisfactory and enviable jobs after their graduation. But now,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Cock a doodle do! My dame has lost her shoe, My master's lost his fiddlestick, And knows not what to do.

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(345) / 评论(0) 分类 鹅妈妈童谣

英文歌词: yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks as though theyre here to stay oh, i believe in yesterday. suddenly, im not half the man i used to be, theres a shadow hanging over me. oh, yesterday came suddenly. why she had to

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

AS IT IS - Psy's Gangnam Style Welcome to AS IT IS! your daily magazine show from VOA Learning English. Today we visit the New York City neighborhood of Harlem. Efforts are underway to return the area to its former glory. We also hear about a new dan

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

By Terry FitzPatrick Cape Town 09 January 2008 The beaches, boutiques and vineyards of Cape Town make it one of South Africa's top destinations for tourists. But many visitors are adding a different type of attraction to their holiday stay. They are

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Deafness 'Cure' is a Goal for Science The New York Academy of Medicine recently (October 3) hosted a research summit sponsored by the Hearing Health Foundation to promote a cure for deafness caused by damaged hair cells in the ear. An estimated 37 mi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

At least eight soldiers are dead after what authorities in Thailand say was an attack by Islamic militants in the country's south. 泰国当局说,穆斯林激进分子在泰国南部发动的袭击造成至少8名士兵死亡。 Thai army official

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年1月

By Gary Thomas Washington 05 October 2007 Pakistan's president, General Pervez Musharraf, signed an order dropping corruption charges against former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto Friday, paving the way for her to return home from self-imposed exile.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(441) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)