Grammar Girl here. Today were going to recall that the principal is indeed your pal, but well also see that a principal can be so much more. In this episode well talk about the various ways to use principlethats p-l-eand principalthats p-a-l. (These

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – April 29, 2002: New Leishmaniasis Drug By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Doctors from the United States and Saudi Arabia have discovered a new tre

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Todd: Now, Keiko, maybe you can help me. I teach at university. My students are university students and they are so devoted to their circle, their clubs. Why? Why are they so - ? To them, it's more important than class. Keiko: Well, I think it's beca

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

I hear your voice 我听着你的声音 I touch your hair 我摸着你的头发 I see the traces Everywhere 我感觉着 This house of ours 这曾经属于我们的房子里 We used to share 我们的房子里 My dream has turned To nightmare 而现在

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

To twist someone's arm To charge someone an arm and a leg 今天我们要讲的两个习惯用语是由 arm,也就是手臂和leg,也就是腿这两个字组成的。我们要介绍的第一个词汇

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Lots of people have a favorite city. Maybe it is the city where they were born, or the place of their happiest memories. Or maybe it is just a place they would like to call home. Today, we present s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Not all research begins with a plan. Some studies begin by accident. Meredith Schafer says that is what happened with her and Cynthia Sagers. Cynthia Sagers is a biology professor at the University

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Innovation is helping lift some of the world's poor out of poverty. With devices such as foot-powered pumps in Africa and solar panels in India, inventors and entrepreneurs are creating and distributing affordable technology to improve people's lives

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

With President Absent, Yemen Battles Islamist Militants Yemeni officials say government forces have killed 12 people suspected of links to al-Qaida as they battle to regain territory lost to Islamist militants in the south of the country. This comes

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

As forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi ramped up their offensive against opposition strongholds Tuesday, diplomats from Lebanon, France and Britain presented the U.N. Security Council with a resolution that includes authorization of a no-fl

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Smiley is back. George Smiley, that is, the spy at the center of some of John le Carre his most popular books. For the first time in 25 years, le Carre has written a novel featuring Smiley. It's called A Legacy Of Spies, and it's

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Some schools in the United States and other countries offer Chinese language classes with government support from China. (CLASSROOM SOUND) Saint Mary's School is a private college preparatory school i

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

A: Hi, I need to speak with the manager, please. B: Yes, this is the manager. How may I help you this morning? A: We are having problems getting into our apartment. B: Is this the first time that you have tried this key since I gave it to you? A: Yes

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Last month, students from one hundred three universities in eighty-eight countries took part in an international computer programming contest. The Battle of the Brains took place in Harbin, China. Thr

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

THIS IS AMERICA - Death Sentences in U.S. at Their Lowest Level Since 1976 By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, May 09, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to This is America in VOA Special English. I'm B

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Adrienne: So, Rob, tell me why you don't like elephants! Rob: Why don't I like elephants? It's a long story. I was traveling in India with a friend of mine and one night we decided to spent the night in a national park, looking at wildlife, and we we

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, Alex, you're in university. Alex: Yeah Todd: So, um what kind of foods do you eat? Alex: Well, since I go to college, I don't have a lot of money, so usually I go with the very inexpensive ramen, you know, breads, eggs. My favorite thing th

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

i was slicing up an avocado when you came up behind me with your silent brand new sneakers your reflection i did not see it was the hottest day in august and we were heading for the sea for a second my mind started drifting you put your arms around m

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

BEIJING, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Apple Inc. said it was eyeing greater investment and growth in China on Monday as its chief executive Tim Cook visited Beijing. The U.S. electronics giant confirmed that Cook had meetings with Chinese officials when the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Is it really over? Between us two, Then why don't you love me? The way that I still love you, So many mistakes made, In so little time, Girl I'm so regretful, I must have been out of my mind. [Chorus:] I don't wanna live another day Without you by my

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯