End to Hollywood Film Violence Unlikely G.I. Joe: Retaliation is the kind of film that earns money for Hollywood by appealing to teenage boys with its action, fighting and explosions. Tim Gray of the entertainment business publication Variety said th

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

1996年第26届亚特兰大奥运会歌曲《Return to innocence》 《回到纯真》是1996年亚特兰大奥运会宣传片歌曲,也被译为《返璞归真》。许多人会对它的旋律 感到非常熟悉,特别是那几句啊呀啊呀啊。

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(179) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运歌曲

A: What can I do for you today? B: I am inquiring about my insurance. A: What do you need to know? B: I think my insurance was changed. A: What changes were made? B: I think there's a problem with my premium. A: What's wrong with it? B: It's higher t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

The Weekend - Silence please! A: Those people in front of us are making so much noise. It's so inconsiderate! B: Don't worry about it; its not such a big deal. A: Oh... I can't hear a thing! Excuse me, can you keep it down? C: Sure, sorry bout that!

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

第13单元 六年级的自然科学课 Six grade science teacher Mr. Sampson asks his class: 六年级的自然科学老师桑普森先生问班上同学: Who can tell me which organ of the human body expands to 10 times its usual size whenstimula

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Economics Report - Retirement Savings Rule 1: Reduce Investment Risk as the Day Nears This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Today, retirement can mean different things. For many Americans, it means the end of the money-earning part of the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Education Report - Dealing With Sexual Violence on Campus 教育报道 - 打击校园性暴力 This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 Last week, we told you about a call for American educato

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

In the late eighteenth century, battles raged in almost every corner of Europe, as well as in the Middle East, south Africa ,the West Indies, and Latin America. In reality, however, there was only one

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

Volunteers Keep Hands-On Science Alive in US Classrooms When it comes to making science fun, Lisa Purcell is a pro. Mimicking an owl or a foraging squirrel is all in a day's work for the director of the Four Winds Nature Institute. On this particular

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Uncle Speaks Out About Boston Bombing Suspects Who are Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev? Both lived near Boston and are of Chechen origin. Friends described them as smart and athletic. The youngest, Dzokhar was a wrestler. The oldest, Tamerlan, a boxer

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

George is going to make a salad. He is going to make a simple salad. It will be a simple salad, but it will also be delicious. His salad will have only two ingredients. One ingredient is fresh cucumber. A cucumber is dark green and long. George will

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Dai: So Miss Naomi from...where is it you are from? Naomi: Wales. Dai: Wales, OK, and how old are you now? Naomi: Im eleven. Dai: Eleven. OK, so that means you are in...what would that be, junior school? secondary school? Naomi: Junior school. Dai: J

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: OK. Hello! Kevin: Hi! How you doing? Todd: I'm doing pretty good. Kevin: Good. Todd: What's your name? Kevin: My name is Kevin. Todd: Kevin. And where are you from? Kevin: I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. Todd: OK. Nice. Kevin: In the United States.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

PEOPLE IN AMERICA – April 28, 2002: Milton Berle By George Grow VOICE ONE: I’m Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I’m Doug Johnson with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we t

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

研究称学会走路早长大身体好 根据《公共科学图书馆综合》(PLoS ONE)上一项对9,000名1966年生于芬兰的人的研究,在很小的时候就能在无人帮助的情况下站立行走的孩子进入青春期后,会比那

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

OSLO, June 9 (Xinhua) -- Usain Bolt ran the year's fastest time of 19.86 seconds to grab the men's 200m title at the Bislett Games here on Thursday in rainy conditions. Bolt delighted the crowd at Oslo's premiere athletics stadium with his usual pre-

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是alert。 Alert, 警戒,警报。 The National Weather Service put the area under a tornado alert until 7 o'clock tonight, 国家气象局对本地发布龙卷风警告,晚上七点钟解除。 The police sent out a crim

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Unionized workers at Chile's Codelco, the world's largest copper producer, have begun a 24-hour strike in a dispute with the government over the future of the company. The workers walked off the job Monday over modernization(现代化) plans that

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

来自加拿大温哥华的Delerium乐队,音乐融合了多种风格,然而自成一派迷离优雅的美感,也掺杂了许多民族元素在里面。这首A Poem For Byzantium,歌名总让人想到叶芝那首著名的《航向拜占庭》,

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Apple's Watch hits stores this Friday when customers and employees alike will be able to pre-order the timepiece. 本周五Apple Watch即将在苹果商店预售,届时将接受苹果员工和顾客们的预订。 And boss Tim Cook is rewarding his

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间