[00:02.39]Top 10 Odd College Courses [00:05.03]College courses aren't all Economics and The History of Europe. [00:10.21]A trend among many colleges and universities is to offer courses [00:14.35]that are slightly off the beaten track. [00:16.62]Many

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

What if I took my time to love you? What if I put no one above you? What if I did the things That really mattered? What if I ran through Hoops of disaster? No one would care if We never made it We're in this alone So why don't we face it There is no

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(297) / 评论(0) 分类 英文流行歌曲MV

A: Can you help me figure out how to transfer the title of the car I wish to buy so it will be registered in my name? B: You can go to the DMV website for information or, if you are a member of the Automobile Club, they can be very helpful. A: Can yo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

A: I don't really know all that much about the paperwork involved in buying a used car. B: If you are a member of the Automobile Club, they can help guide you through the process, or just go to the DMV website. A: What is the big picture of what I wi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: What students coming to study in the U.S. can do to avoid culture shock in the classroom. RS: We asked Susan Iannuzzi. She's an international consultant in English language teachi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

OliverJeffers 生在澳大利亚西部,但成长于北爱尔兰的贝尔法斯特,现在纽约。是个插画师,也是个作家。从 2004 年至今,他在动画界获奖无数。他的画充满童真,有点淡淡的忧伤,但又有浓烈的

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 TOP50 初级英文绘本

When Scotsman Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876, it was a revolution in communication. For the first time, people could talk to each other over great distances almost as clearly as if they were in the same room. Nowadays, though, w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

AS IT IS - Women peacekeepers in the Middle East From VOA Learning English, welcome back to AS IT IS. Im Mario Ritter. Women are half the worlds population. But they can face barriers to economic independence and security. Today we hear about a progr

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

A: What are your plans? B: What plans are you talking about? A: Your plans as far as college. B: I want to transfer. A: You want to transfer? B: Thats what I plan to do. A: Where do you want to transfer to? B: I want to go to school out of state. A:

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

【句子对照】 July 4th is the Independence Day in the United States. Happy Birthday, Uncle Sam! 7月4日是美国的独立日,生日快乐,山姆大叔! 【关键俚语】 Uncle Sam 英:The U.S. government; a patriotic figure who symbolizes the United States. 中:山姆大

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 俚语口头禅

Business leaders often have a poor opinion of politicians, preferring to find their heroes elsewherein other boardrooms or on the coaching field. 商业领导人通常对政治家的评价很低,他们宁愿在别处在其他会议室里或是在培训

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Andrew was in the third grade. He loved his teacher. His teacher was young. She was pretty. She was friendly. She helped Andrew add numbers. She helped Andrew draw dogs and cats. She helped Andrew learn to spell. Andrew gave his teacher an apple one

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Susan likes to eat apples. She likes to eat big red apples. She likes to wear a blue hat. She wears a big blue hat on her head. She wears a hat and eats an apple. She drinks some water from a white cup. Susan drinks water and eats apples. She doesnt

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Good morning , my buddies. I'm so glad to meet you via network. I'm hoping that we could spend a wonderful morning together.大家好,我是Juliet, 很高兴又和大家在空中见面了。希望能和您在此度过一个美好的清晨。 【直击

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - November 12, 2002: Oldest Evidence of Jesus? / Mapping Genes that Cause Disease / 2002 World Health Report VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob Doughty with

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

By Douglas Bakshian Manila 19 March 2007 In the Philippines, as in other impoverished parts of the world, selling a kidney may seem to offer an answer to financial hardship. But only the poorest of the poor resort to this, and their gains are often

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

Every year when summer comes around They stretch a banner 'cross the main street in town You can feel somethin's happenin' in the air Well, from Carol's house up on Telegraph Hill You can see the lights going up out in Soldiers Field Getting ready,

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Todd: So, Mike, you were born in Europe, but grew up in Canada. Have you been back to Europe? Mike: Yeah, uh, I've been back to Europe on a couple of occasions. The first time, I guess I went back to Europe was in 1989, 1990, when I went to visit my

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: Hey, Michael, I just met your wife. She's a really nice woman. Really friendly. Mike: Yeah. yeah. We met a long time ago. We've been married a lot of years, now. Todd: How did you meet actually? Mike: Oh, gosh, we back when we were both student

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Chris Ryan, Chief Executive of the New Zealand Insurance Council, said today that Canterbury earthquake claims will probably be more than $3bn. This will be the biggest payout in New Zealands history for any natural disaster. The second biggest payou

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语