A routine check of the main building on the Rest in Peace Cemetery in Santa Fe turned up thousands of cardboard boxes containing the remains of cremated people. An inspector from the states Cemetery and Funeral Bureau found the boxes stacked neatly i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

Education Report - A Social Network Aims to Speed Up Progress in Science This is the VOA Special English Education Report. A few years ago, a university researcher was having problems with an experiment that involved medical imaging. His adviser and

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

As Annan Resigns, UN Condemns Violence in Syria This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 The United Nations General Assembly has approved a resolution on Syria. But it does not require any actions a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AMERICAN STORIES - Short Story: The Exact Science of Matrimony by O.Henry STEVE EMBER: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called The Exact Science of Matrimony. It was written by O. Henry. Here is Barbara Klein

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(235) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AU Gives $50 Million for Mali Peacekeeping Heads of state who gathered at the African Union summit in Addis Ababa did something they have never done before. The world body unanimously approved $50 million to help fund an African military intervention

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(一月)

Violence Against Journalists in Afghanistan Increasing Naqibullah, a shopkeeper on so-called electronic street in Kabul, sells TVs and DVD players Over the past 10 years under the Karzai government, I would say 85 percent of people are using TVs, DVD

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

He opened the envelope. It contained junk mail. The junk mail was an ad. It was an ad for hospital insurance. Did he want extra hospital insurance? He didn't have any hospital insurance. Did he want extra money to help pay hospital bills? Yes, he tho

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

One of the world's most popular romantic novels, first published in 1847, has been made into more than 25 feature films and television adaptations. The latest to take on the Charlotte Bronte classicJane Eyre is American director Cary Joji Fukunaga wi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

英语作文 Directions: In this part, you are to written an essay of about 200 words within 40 minutes. Your essay should be based on the information given in the outline below Outline: 1. Importance of confidence 2. Reasons for lack of confidence 3. N

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

By Mike O'Sullivan Seattle 03 October 2007 The northwestern U.S. city of Seattle is a high-tech center and the home of Microsoft. It is also home to a growing electronic game industry, with dozens of companies in and around the city. VOA's Mike O'Sul

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel to the boundaries of artistic production by visiting fringe festivals around the world. Something that is on the fringe means it i

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(八)月

AMERICAN STORIES - Short Story: The Exact Science of Matrimony by O. Henry STEVE EMBER: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called The Exact Science of Matrimony. It was written by O. Henry. Here is Barbara Klein

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

THIS IS AMERICA - Research Grows Through Citizen Science JUNE SIMMS: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm June Simms. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And I'm Christopher Cruise. This week on our program, we learn about citizen science and its g

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Surveys of American teenagers find that about half of them do not get enough sleep on school nights. They get an average of sixty to ninety minutes less than experts say they need. One reason for this

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

World markets were mostly lower, amid news that Japan is the latest nation to slip into recession and projections of continued negative economic growth and higher unemployment in the United States. From Washington, VOA's Michael Bowman reports. Pede

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

BP oil company has announced its first major success in containing a massive oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. Engineers inserted a metal tube into a broken pipe on the sea floor, to siphon oil into a ship on the surface. BP engineers implemented the f

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

The National Collegiate Athletic Association, better known as the NCAA, is holding its final four games for this year's men's basketball season in Houston, Texas. More than 70,000 fans are expected for the games, the first two of which are held on Sa

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

About 6,000 London police officers are guarding the city's mass transit network Thursday, precisely four weeks after a four-man team of British Muslim suicide bombers killed themselves and 52 passengers on subway trains and a bus. 英国星期四出动

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

In 1937 a 24-year-old actor and director became the toast of New York's Broadway with the first production of his Mercury Theatre company. Worldwide fame and a fabled Hollywood career would follow. Alan Silverman | Hollywood 15 December 2009 Me And O

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Todd: So, Alex, you're still at university. Alex: Yes, sir Todd: So, what's a typical day at university like? Alex: A typical day at my school, let's see, well I would usually get up, well last semester, I would get up around 8 or so. My first class

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个