美语听力与发音技巧 第9期(句子中的重音) Welcome to Daily Tips on Learning English. Today’s tip is on word stress on sentences. In general, it is true that content words are stres

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力与发音技巧

In general, it is true that content words are stressed whereas function words are not stressed. Content words usually convey the meaning of the sentence. Function words make the sentence grammatically correct. Content words are: nouns, main verbs, ad

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 手把手教你学口语

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. The Civil War ended in eighteen sixty-five. After that, tensions grew between Congress and the new president, Andrew Johnson. The Republican Party was still new. It was for

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

In 1953, then U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower in a speech to the UN General Assembly proposed the Atoms for Peace program, including the establishment of what would become the International Atomic Energy Agency, or IAEA, to facilitate the exchange o

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(五月)

Panda Express-Work-Success Story 熊猫快餐-工作-成功故事 Panda Express rhymes with Federal Express,but Panda does not send your mail packages around the world,and neither is FedEx a government agency.Panda Express is found in shopping malls,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 一片通英语听力

Why aren't you taking notes? 我说话呢,你怎么不记下? I'm sorry, were you not in that room? 你刚才不在那儿吗? What? What? Oh! The thing you said about being promoted? Genius! Genius. 什么,什么?噢!关于你要晋升的事情

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

安德鲁杰克逊(Andrew Jackson,1767年3月15日─1845年6月8日)是美国第7任总统(1828-1836年)。首任佛罗里达州州长、新奥尔良之役战争英雄、民主党创建者之一,杰克逊式民主因他而得名。在美国

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 历届美国总统简介

Violet Alden saw the little hotel first. Oh, its so pretty! Like a sunset! She was sitting in the front seat with Grandfather. Youre right, Violet. The Flamingo Hotel certainly lives up to its name! Ive never seen such a bright pink! Grandfather stee

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

August 4th, 1944During World War II, Anne Frank and her family are among eight people arrested in German-occupied Amsterdam. That happens when Nazi police raid the secret annex of her father's office building where they have been hiding. Anne's fathe

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

August 4th 1944During World War II, Anne Frank and her family are among 8 people arrested in German-occupied Amsterdam. That happens when Nazi police raid the secret annex of her father's office building where they have been hiding. Anne's father Ott

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2012年

Andrew was in the third grade. He loved his teacher. His teacher was young. She was pretty. She was friendly. She helped Andrew add numbers. She helped Andrew draw dogs and cats. She helped Andrew learn to spell. Andrew gave his teacher an apple one

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

It was summer again, a camping season. Andrew Lee hated this time of the year. The rest of his family loved it. Andrew hated the bugs. He'd always go home itchy from the mosquito bites. He also hated the sleeping bags. They did not keep him warm. He

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

情景对话: Phil: It was supposed to be such a great moment for me as a dad. I was gonna walk into that bar, give my daughter her new car keys, and say, honey chug that drink. We're going for a spin. Jay: Phil, put these in your purse. I just bea

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

今天我们要学的词是impeach。 Impeach, 弹劾。 Representative Dennis Kucinich introduced a resolution to impeach President Bush, 美国众议院议员库钦奇提出了一项弹劾布什总统的议案。 The House of Representatives has vo

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Three members of the family that moved from Western Australia to South Africa appear to have been murdered.The bodies of the man,his wife and their eldest son were found in their home at South Africa.A 16 year daughter is in a critical condition with

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

August 4th 1944During World War II, Anne Frank and her family are among 8 people arrested in German-occupied Amsterdam. That happens when Nazi police raid the secret annex of her father's office building where they have been hiding. Anne's father Ott

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

Todd: So, Alexandra you were talking about a hurricane. What hurricane were you talking about? Alex: I was talking about Hurricane Andrew, and as I said before, it was a category 5 hurricane. I was not in the city when it came through, however I did

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

今天我们要学的词是 donation. Donation 捐赠。Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will make a combined $100 million donation to a World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs. 沙特阿拉伯和阿拉伯联合酋长国将联合向世界银行

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Mrs. Johnson told the Aldens about a pancake restaurant just down the road. Over pecan pancakes and fresh Florida orange juice the next morning, the Aldens made plans. Now what do we do? asked Violet. Were going to the Everglades, James Alden replied

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(495) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery