影视剧中的职场美语 第20期:提出升职
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Why aren't you taking notes?
我说话呢,你怎么不记下?
I'm sorry, were you not in that room?
你刚才不在那儿吗?
What? What? Oh! The thing you said about being promoted? Genius! Genius.
什么,什么?噢!关于你要晋升的事情吗?天才啊!
He completely fell for it.
他中圈套了。
I was serious. I'm looking at a $250,000 fine and five years in jail. That changes things.
我是认真的。我面对的是25万罚款和5年大牢,后果很严重。
Promote you to editor? No, no way.
升你做编辑?没门的。
Then I quit, and you're screwed. Bye-bye, Margaret.
那我放弃,你也完蛋了。再见,玛格丽特。
Andrew!
安德鲁!
It really has been a little slice of heaven.
这样的结果,真是不错啊。
Andrew, Andrew! Fine, fine. I'll make you editor. Fine.
安德鲁,安德鲁!好吧,好吧。我让你当编辑。
If you do the Alaska weekend and the immigration interview, I will make you editor. Happy?
要是你周末带我去阿拉斯加,然后应付好移民面试,我就升你做编辑。高兴了吧?
And not in two years. Right away.
别推到2年以后,马上。
Fine.
好吧。
And you'll publish my manuscript.
还有,你要出版我的作品。
Ten thousand copy first..
第一版1万册。
Twenty thousand copies, first run. And we'll tell my family about our engagement when I want and how I want.
第一版2万册。还有,我们要把订婚的消息告诉家里。时间和方式我来定。