STAR DUST Bing Crosby And now the purple dusk of twilight time Steals across the meadow of my heart. Love is now the stardust of yesterday The music of the years gone by. Sometimes I wonder why I spen

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 英语歌曲第十辑

A shooting star A shooting star striked crossed the dark sky at night and completed his final sprint with his life then dispeared. With stars around him were looking on his final results and discussing in the low voice : How stupid he was ! He was da

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

Scientists have long believed that a star explodes when it reaches the end of its life. This explosion is called a supernova. NASA, the American space agency, describes a supernova as the largest explosion that takes place in space. Recently, a team

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

In the winter night a lonely wolf Defying the coldness I recall his force to face The long way to the North Clash of the thunders Might of the starlords Rage of the ice storm Wrath of the gods For a new legend Dragons and angels Will storm the darklo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 6 (Xinhua) -- British actress, comedienne(喜剧女演员) and screenwriter(编剧家) Emma Thompson has become the latest addition to the landmark Hollywood Walk of Fame, receiving the 2,416th star in a ceremony held on Friday.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hockey Fans Tweet Player To All-Star Game Halfway through the season of the National Hockey League, the players take a short break. They celebrate the best players in a match they call an All-Star Game. It was January 31 in Nashville, Tennessee. Fans

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Force Awakens at Star Wars Premiere in Hollywood The new force gathered with the old Monday when Star Wars: The Force Awakens made its world premiere in Hollywood. The Force Awakens is the seventh film in the Star Wars series. The original premiered

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

WASHINGTON, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- U.S. phenom Michael Phelps will not compete in the duel between the United States and a European All-Star squad next month at the venue used for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Phelps, who won an unprecedented eight gold med

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

ANDREW: Your older brother is a little strange, I think. DAN: Steve? You think he's strange? Why? ANDREW: He wanted me to come over and watch

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐英语

ORLANDO, Florida, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant broke Michael Jordan's record for most career points in the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday. Bryant, a four-time All-Star MVP, scored 27 points and moved from fourth place to firs

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

实用口语:电影迷 Star Trek Maniac ANDREW: Your older brother is a little strange, I think. DAN: Steve? You think he's strange? Why? ANDREW: He wanted me to come over and watch Star Trek with him. DAN: Oh, that. He's a Trekkie. You shouldn't b

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

hen I was five years old, my father asked me to watch football matches with him. Since then, I fall in love with football, the shining star David Beckham is my favorite star, he is not only very handsome, but also plays football so well. Once he has

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Everybody will have their idols in their heart. For me, I am a teenager, of course I will chase the star. Someday, when I was walking on the street, I heard a wonderful song from the store, so I remembered the singer. I searched the information and l

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- Henrique, a key member of Brazil's under-20 FIFA World Cup championship team, declared upon his return to the country on Sunday that he intends to leave Sao Paulo. The 20-year-old, the winner of MVP award of the 20

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Former Real star says Ronaldo is upset at missing out on UEFA award RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Former Real Madrid and Brazil star Roberto Carlos believes Cristiano Ronaldo is upset due to his failure to win last week's UEFA best player in Eu

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是star-studded。 Star-studded, 是众星云集的意思。 U.S. President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony will be a star-studded event, 美国当选总统奥巴马的就职典礼将是一次众星云集的盛会。

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

HOUSTON, Feb. 17 (Xinhua) -- Los Angeles Clippers guard Chris Paul bagged 20 points and 15 assists to take home the All-Star MVP trophy after he help the West defeat East 143-138 here on Sunday. NBA commissioner David Stern awarded Paul the trophy. P

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LOS ANGELES, July 10 (Xinhua) -- Hundreds of fans swarmed Hollywood on Tuesday as legendary guitarist Slash received a star on the Walk of Fame, which seemed fitting for the rock music icon who first started playing only 100 yards away. I'm such a pa

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: So, Travis, what is your favorite movie? 托德:特拉维斯,你最喜欢的电影是什么? Travis: My favorite movie of all time is the original Star Wars. 特拉维斯:一直以来我最喜欢的电影都是最早一版的《星球大战

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Members of Bibobox Studio didnt expect a call from the Apple team. Bibobox工作室的成员做梦都没有想到会接到苹果团队打来的电话。 But thats what happened after they created a series of squeaky animals including a penguin and gi

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻