时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话


英语课

 Todd: So, Travis, what is your favorite movie? 


托德:特拉维斯,你最喜欢的电影是什么?
Travis: My favorite movie of all time is the original Star Wars. 
特拉维斯:一直以来我最喜欢的电影都是最早一版的《星球大战》。
Todd: Yeah, that was a pretty great movie. 
托德:没错,那真是一部伟大的电影 。
Travis: The original Star Wars was a fantastic fantasy set in space, with great characters, and while simple I thought meaningful story, but you know, it meant something to me, especially when I was a kid. 
特拉维斯:原版《星球大战》是一部发生在太空的科幻片,里面的角色都很棒,我认为这是一部有深远意义的电影,你知道,对我来说这部电影有特殊的意义,尤其是对我小时候而言。
Todd: Yeah! Who was your favorite character? 
托德:对!你最喜欢的角色是谁?
Travis: My favorite character was Darth Vader. 
特拉维斯:我最喜欢的角色是达斯·维达。
Todd: What? You got to be kidding me! 
托德:什么?你开玩笑的吧?
Travis: When I used to play Star Wars as a kid with my friends we used to always fight over who had to be Luke Skywalker, and who got to be Darth Vader. Who ever got to be Darth Vader always got to kill Luke Skywalker. 
特拉维斯:小时候我和朋友们一起模仿《星球大战》时,我们通常会为谁扮演天行者卢克和谁扮演达斯·维达争吵。扮演达斯·维达的人总会杀死天行者卢克。
Todd: Wow. Why do you think that Star Wars is such a popular movie? 
托德:哇!你认为《星球大战》为什么这么受欢迎?
Travis: Well, I think of the time that the original Star Wars came out it was unique in a way that no other movie had really been, and so that was part of it. It used special affects in a way that no other movie ever had, and I think America was looking for a feel good fantasy movie that basically 1, while simple really made people feel like there are good things out there and good sides out there and you could be on a good side. You know, you have the evil 2 empire, which apparently 3 were the British Empire, and, since all the actors had a British accent. And then you had the rebels 4, who were apparently, according to the director. What's his name again? 
特拉维斯:嗯,我想当时原版《星球大战》上映时,这部电影非常独特,因为它有其他电影涉及过的部分,所以这应该是其中一个原因。它使用了其他电影没有用过的特效,我想美国想制作一部好的科幻电影,能让民众感觉到好的事情以及事物好的方面。你知道,有邪恶帝国,显然指的是大英帝国,而所有演员都持英国口音。当然还有反对派,导演明确表示了反对派是谁。对了,导演叫什么名字来着?
Todd: George Lucas. 
托德:乔治·卢卡斯。
Travis: George Lucas. I was about to say Luke Skywalker, but I was pretty sure he didn't direct it. According to George Lucas were the Americans, so it seemed like it was a replay of the revolutionary war, in some senses, though he also borrowed from some Japanese movies too. Notably 5 he borrowed from Akira Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress 6" I'm not really sure what the Japanese title is of "The Hidden Fortress" but in English it's translated as 'The Hidden Fortress" and in that movie, it's a movie where, what's his name, "Mifune?", the actor, he is actually protecting a princess who has to go in hiding because an enemy samurai clan 7 has destroyed her family, and then the whole movie is told, that movie, "The Hidden Fortress", is told from the point of view of two bumbling idiots 8 who sort of go around, provide slap 9 stick comedy almost for the whole movie and are a basically the role models for CP30 and R2D2 in the movie Star Wars cause in Star Wars the whole movie is sort of in a way shown from the point of view, beginning with these two characters, CP30 and R2D2, and they progress most of the movie, until the end when Luke Skywalker sort of becomes more important and Obi-Wan Kenobi enters the scene, but at every point it's always CP30 and R2D2 sort of gluing the scenes together in a lot of ways.
特拉维斯:乔治·卢卡斯。我刚刚差点说成天行者卢克,不过我很清楚地知道他并不是导演。乔治·卢卡斯曾表示,反对派是美国人,所以在某种程度上来讲这就像独立战争的重演,不过他的确借鉴了一些日本电影。显然他借鉴了黑泽明的《战国英豪》。我不太确定这部电影的日本名字,不过英语译成了《战国英豪》,在这部电影中,主演敏郎要保护公主不被发现,因为公主一家被一个敌对的武士家族摧毁了,之后整部电影,《战国英豪》这部电影都是从两个笨手笨脚的白痴的角度讲述的,这两个白痴整部电影中都在四处闹笑话,这就是《星球大战》中CP30和R2D2的原型,因为在《星球大战》中,整部电影有点像从CP30和R2D2的角度开始展示,他们掌控了电影的大部分进展,直到最后天行者开始变得更重要,然后欧比旺·肯诺比进入画面,不过从许多方面来说,还是CP30和R2D2把场景结合了起来。 

adv.基本上,从根本上说
  • His heart is basically sound.他的心脏基本上健康。
  • Basically I agree with your plan.我基本上同意你的计划。
n.邪恶,不幸,罪恶;adj.邪恶的,不幸的,有害的,诽谤的
  • We pray to God to deliver us from evil.我们祈求上帝把我们从罪恶中拯救出来。
  • Love of money is the root of all evil.爱钱是邪恶的根源。
adv.显然地;表面上,似乎
  • An apparently blind alley leads suddenly into an open space.山穷水尽,豁然开朗。
  • He was apparently much surprised at the news.他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。
n.反政府的人( rebel的名词复数 );反叛者;造反者;叛逆者v.反抗政府( rebel的第三人称单数 );反抗权威
  • Most of the rebels were captured and disarmed. 大部分叛乱分子被俘获并解除了武装。
  • The rebels went on an orgy of killing. 叛乱者肆意杀人。
adv.值得注意地,显著地,尤其地,特别地
  • Many students were absent,notably the monitor.许多学生缺席,特别是连班长也没来。
  • A notably short,silver-haired man,he plays basketball with his staff several times a week.他个子明显较为矮小,一头银发,每周都会和他的员工一起打几次篮球。
n.堡垒,防御工事
  • They made an attempt on a fortress.他们试图夺取这一要塞。
  • The soldier scaled the wall of the fortress by turret.士兵通过塔车攀登上了要塞的城墙。
n.氏族,部落,宗族,家族,宗派
  • She ranks as my junior in the clan.她的辈分比我小。
  • The Chinese Christians,therefore,practically excommunicate themselves from their own clan.所以,中国的基督徒简直是被逐出了自己的家族了。
傻子,笨蛋( idiot的名词复数 ); 白痴
  • "How I hate them-those idiots in charge of the town! “我恨极了,那班混账东西! 来自子夜部分
  • 'May the Devil carry away these idiots! “但愿魔鬼把这些白痴都抓了去! 来自英汉文学 - 双城记
n.掴,侮辱,拍击声;vt.拍击,侮辱,惩罚,申斥;adv.正面地,直接地,突然地
  • He sent the horse forward with a slap on its rump.他拍了一下马尾,马便向前跑去。
  • He gave her a slap on the cheek.他打了她一耳光。
标签: 口语