We have to get out! said Violet. Henry stared at the small window. Theres a bench on the other side of that window. But only Benny will fit. Its the only way out, said Benny. Ill go. Henry linked his fingers together. Step in my hands. Ill boost you

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 89 The Mystery of the Star Rub

The others crowded around Jessie. It is the star ruby! Benny breathed. How did you know it was in the dirt pile? Your joke about rocks sleeping in a bed of rocks gave me the idea to look here, Jessie said to him. And when I saw that rain river in the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 89 The Mystery of the Star Rub

The chalkboard outside the dining room announced possible storms later that day. Violet read the breakfast menu printed below the weather forecast. Contest SpecialNative-Stone Buckets and Star Ruby Muffins. Were having dirt for breakfast? Benny said.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 89 The Mystery of the Star Rub

Lets go look at the place where we saw that person last night, Benny said the next morning. Before breakfast? Violet asked, teasing her brother. I thought youd be starving, like always. A new mystery is more important, Benny declared. Itll only take

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 89 The Mystery of the Star Rub

Bright Star! Would I Were Steadfast as Thou Art BRIGHT star! would I were steadfast as thou art Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night, And watching, with eternal lids apart, Like Natures patient sleepless Eremite, The moving waters at their prie

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

The Birth of a Starby Chris Rose June 5th 2006 Henry looks carefully into the telescope which lets him see far, far away, as far away as the distant nebulae on the far edges of the Milky Way. Henry is an astronomer. He looks at the sky, and at stars

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 Wee Sing America

Pre-Listening Vocabulary avalanche: a sudden rush of snow and ice down a mountain or hill pilot error: a mistake made by the person operating an aircraft misalignment: the incorrect position or arrangement of something A Disaster Was a Bad Star The n

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Pre-Listening Vocabulary typography: the look or style of typed material condition: a requirement fine print: small type swear word: a curse word; usually used to show anger or excitement bullet point: an item in a list An Asterisk Is A Little Star A

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

How come youre going to win? Benny asked the man, whod said his name was Donald Hodge. The contest doesnt end till Saturday Because I found a Papa Bear ruby Donald said smugly Itll be a challenge for anyone to find a bigger stone. He pulled a black v

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 89 The Mystery of the Star Rub

Starshine and Non-Beingby Chuang-TzuStarshine asked Non-Being, Master, do you exist? Or do you not exist? Since he received no answer at all, Starshine set himself to watch for Non-Being. He waited to see if Non-Being would appear. He kept his eyes f

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me 某某曾几何时告诉我世界会颠覆我 I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed 我并不是棚里最锐利的工具 She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb 她看上去手脚有点

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

AS IT IS 2015-12-24 The Year in Entertainment: Caitlyn Jenner, Star Wars, Adele Who and what entertained us in 2015? Many of us read the award-winning book, Between the World and Me, a discussion of being black in America by journalist Ta-Nehisi Coat

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Volunteers Help Revive LA's Concrete River The starship Enterprise is well-known to viewers of the iconic Star Trek TV series and visitors to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington, where the original model is on display in the g

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

今天我们要学的词是star-studded。 Star-studded, 是众星云集的意思。 U.S. President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony will be a star-studded event, 美国当选总统奥巴马的就职典礼将是一次众星云集的盛会。

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Today, scientists announced a big discovery around a star in the constellation Aquarius - seven planets about the size of Earth. And as NPR's Nell Greenfieldboyce reports, they're most likely rocky planets that could be cozy enou

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

By Alan Silverman Hollywood 12 August 2007 Evil witches, a fallen star and a young man in search of his heart's desire: these are just some of the elements in the new fantasy-adventure film adapted from a novel by popular science fiction author Neil

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

By Yi Suli Washington 14 May 2008 University of Arizona cross country and distance track and field coach James Li was born and raised in China. He moved to the U.S. more than two decades ago to coach collegiate running and just last year was named th

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

By Larry London Washington 08 August 2007 Country singer Darryl Worley signed his first major record deal in 1999 and made his debut on country music's most famous stage, The Grand Ole Opry, the following year. Since then, he has become known for ser

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

Recreating the escape route to northern states and Canada for fleeing slaves Dora Mekouar 12 February 2010 Follow the North Star participants learn about slavery at a re-enacted outdoor auction. History by immersion, is how the Conner Prairie interac

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)