What the Utah Supreme Court says is the jury instructions in the 2007 trial were faulty. During the trial, which we sat in, Warren Jeffs attorneys argued with the judge, saying that in jury instructions, the jury must be told that Warren Jeffs knew t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(七)月

This time it was the Huns. People like these had never been seen before in the West: small, yellow men with narrow, slit eyes and terrifying scars on their faces. 那便是匈奴人。这样的部落人们在西方还从未见过,矮小、黄皮肤的

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

Lesson 87 The Earth-worm 第87课 蚯蚓 The earth-worm is also called the dew-worm, because it likes to come out of its hole and creep about when the grass is wet with dew. 蚯蚓又叫露水虫, 因为当天气潮湿、小草上挂满露水时, 它就

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

That very night, another wizard crept upon the oldest brother as he lay, wine-sodden upon his bed. 就在那天晚上,老大喝得酩酊大醉后,另一个巫师蹑手蹑脚地来到他床边。 The thief took the wand and for good measure, slit

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(244) / 评论(0) 分类 诗翁彼豆故事集

Jane Fonda at 80: men, movies my incredible life 80岁的简方达:男人,电影与我的奇迹人生 The actress, activist and icon opens up about her epic romances, her mistakes and how she's changed 这位女演员、社会活动家和偶像畅谈

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

Books and Arts;Leonardo in London;Deciphering the da Vinci code; 文艺;李奥纳多在伦敦;解密达芬奇密码; A new show offers a rare opportunity to compare Leonardo da Vinci's paintings; 一个新展览为比较李奥纳多达芬奇

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

sideways ad./a. 向旁边(的),斜着(的) sight n. 视力,视觉 sightseeing n. 观光,游览;景色 同义词:scenery n.景色 sign n. 标记,符号;征兆 signal n. 信号,暗示 signature n. 签字

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Lesson 12 THE CAT 第12课 猫 I hope you have a nice pussy at home, and that you are good to her. Take her on your knee and look at her. How she purrs when you stroke her back! 小朋友, 你家里有没有一只漂亮小猫啊? 你有没有好好地照

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

Sometimes I have a problem with my temper, Bella. 有时候我会很难控制住自己的脾气,贝拉。 He was whispering, too, and as he stared out the window, his eyes narrowed into slits. 他也低语道,当他看向窗外的时候,眼睛眯

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

If so, he might be hours behind, but he would still be here too soon for Ned's liking. He had only to look at Sansa's face to feel the rage twisting inside him once again. 若真是如此,他应该还要几个小时才会出现,这已经比奈德期

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

...the King's Hand, Lord Stark. They're carrying him up to Baelor's Sept. 是御前首相史塔克大人。他们要把他带到贝勒大圣堂去。 I heard he was dead. Soon enough, soon enough. Here, I got me a silver stag says they lop his head o

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Jon was showing Dareon how best to deliver a sidestroke when the new recruit entered the practice yard. 那个新兵走进训练场时,琼恩正在向戴利恩示范侧劈的诀窍。两脚要张开一点, Your feet should be farther apart, he ur

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

From every shadow there are things that follow you From your late night dead end job From the old neighborhoods where you grew There's a fallen satellite (Natalie) That keeps me awake at night There's a chocolate fondue (Natalie) With no nutritional

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

《绝命毒师第四季》这一季主要讲述了打响名号之后,黑道同行和白道对手纷纷盯上了横空出世的海森堡,而Walter和帮手Jesse便在看似荒诞又命悬一线的亡命生涯中体会着非同寻常的心路历程。

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

Who do you belong to, boy? the septa demanded. Answer me. What's wrong with you, are you mute? 小弟弟,你是谁家的孩子?修女质问,告诉我。你怎么了?你是哑巴吗? Arya's voice caught in her throat. If she answered, Tommen

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

As he limped back to the others, he glanced again at the slain. 他瘸着腿走回去时,又看了看地上的死人。 The dead clansmen were thin, ragged men, their horses scrawny and undersized, with every rib showing. 战死的原住民都是些衣

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

His words crashed among the lords bannermen like a great stone from a catapult. 他的这番话,有如投石机射出的巨石,在北境诸侯中炸裂开来。 Not one of them approved. They cursed, argued, shouted down each other. 众人均大为

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

It had taken the Freys three generations to complete their bridge; 佛雷家花了三代才完成这座拱桥, when they were done they'd thrown up stout timber keeps on either bank, so no one might cross without their leave. 竣工之后,他们在

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Robb's neck reddened at the rebuke. 听她责备,罗柏从脸孔红到脖子。 Tell me what you mean, Mother, he said meekly. 母亲,请您告诉我您的意见。他口气温顺地说。 The Freys have held the crossing for six hundred years, a

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

A pity you couldn't have been there, you would have been touched. He leaned forward intently. 只可惜您不在场,否则一定会大受感动。他意图昭昭地往前靠。 I trust you realize that you are a dead man, Lord Eddard? 艾德大人,

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》