Stand up straight! NB: This is not a word for word transcript Kate: Hello, I'm Kate and this is 6 Minute Englishand thanks to Rosie for joining me today! Hello, Rosie. Rosie: Hi Kate Kate: Now, Rosie, one thing I always notice about you is that you a

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

In the green room I received my uniform. 在绿色房间中我接到了我的制服。 It was not the kind of outfit that I normally wear, but it was far from the Michelin Man suit that I had anticipated. 这并不是我平时所穿衣服的类型,但

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

[00:02.80]31 指导 [00:05.59]It's quite easy.You... [00:08.25]很简单... [00:10.92]A:It's quite easy.You press that button and insert the tape [00:13.84]A:这很容易.按那按钮,把磁带插进去. [00:16.77]B:Is it ready to be used then? [00:1

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行口语

1. You Can Say Goodbye to Good Cholesterol After Just 2 Hours of Sitting 1. 只要坐了俩小时,你就可以对好胆固醇说再见了 Just like a light switch, electrical activity flips off the moment your butt hits the chair. Calorie burning i

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

英语演讲材料:How to Sell Yourself How to Sell Yourself In this competitive society it is essential to know how to sell yourself in order to get the job you want. That means you must be able to market your best features and present yourself in

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

What are your top five favorite songs right now? 你现在最喜欢的五个歌曲是什么 All right, well first of all, I'mma say, 可以了,我们首先的,我在说, you know what I'm saying, I'm the only dude up here right now. 你知道我在

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

It was an instanty,creating a super star whose influence would change the world forever. 影片红极一时,一位超级巨星就此诞生,他的影响永久地改变了世界。 Secret chambers of Han's evil empire... 韩先生邪恶帝国的密室

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Mike: What're you doing up so early, Amanda? Have you decided to take up jogging in the park like me? Amanda: No, Mike. You know I really can't stand jogging. I've joined a yoga class at our local fitness center. I hear it's a great way to stay fit.

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. 重点不在于你说了什么,而在于你怎么说。 It's an old clich, but it's true. That's why body language is such a crucial part of communicating. The way you act can warp the entire meaning of w

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Every time you're with a man or he's with you, each of you is giving off signals that you might not even be aware of. I want to share some of these with you because once you get this ... it's like having a behind-the-scenes playbook for knowing wheth

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

10 Reasons to Use an Exercise Ball as Your Chair When working at a desk for long periods of time [like at work] bad posture and back pains become common place. One solution Ive heard bounce around is the use of an exercise ball as a desk chair. Its h

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. Read only the first sentence of a paragraph. If your author is good author, he or she will begin each paragraph with a key statement that tells you what that paragraph is about. By reading only the first sentence, you can determine if the paragrap

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Cunningham was appalled. This is going to reflect badly on you, she told him. 坎宁安震惊了。这会给你带来负面影响。她告诉乔布斯。 Finally he backed down. He decided that he would give the reporters a copy of the resignation le

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

1.establishment n.确立;建立;家业 Because of the establishment of the patriarchy, androgyny gradually retreated from the mainstream society. 但由于父权制度的确立,双性同体思想逐渐从主流文化中隐退。 2.aspire v.热望

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Your mother may have been right when she told you to sit up straight: New research suggests that good posture could make you feel more confident about your thoughts. 你妈妈告诉过你当你坐着的时候身子要挺直,她说的很对。最新一

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

For at least ten hours every day, Mary Dalgleish is on her feet. 一天中至少有十小时,玛丽达尔格利什都是站着的。 From her 6am start to 11pm bedtime, the 61-year-old therapist and teacher tries to sit down as little as possible:

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A hiring manager can often tell if you're the right fit for his or her organization just minutes after the two of you shake hands. In a Robert Half survey, executives polled said it typically takes them only 10 minutes to form an opinion of a candida

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Ladies, if you want a man at your feet, wear high heels. 女士们,想要男人为你们尽折腰,就穿高跟鞋吧。 Research shows that men are more likely to help a woman wearing heels than one in flats. 调查显示男人们更愿意对穿高

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

美国暂停与俄罗斯的军事合作 WASHINGTON, March 3 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Defense Department on Monday evening said that it is suspending all military-to-military engagements with Russia because of Moscow's military movement in Ukraine. The su

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Good listening skills make workers more productive. The ability to listen carefully will allow you to: (具备)良好的听力技巧能提高工作效率。全神贯注地去倾听,会使你受益匪浅: *better understand assignments and wha

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文