7Early in the morning, Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and all his men camped at the spring of Harod. The camp of Midian was north of them in the valley near the hill of Moreh. 2The LORD said to Gideon, You have too many men for me to deliver Midian int

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 士师记

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - September 20, 2002: Jordan and Israel Seek to Help Dead Sea By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Israel and Jordan recently announced that they woul

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

By Jim Teeple Jerusalem 08 June 2006 Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert held talks Thursday with King Abdullah of Jordan in the Jordanian capital, Amman. It was Mr. Olmert's second visit to an Arab nation in the past week. -------------------------

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

By Sonja Pace Jerusalem 19 April 2006 Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri Hamas officials are denying allegations that their militants have smuggled weapons into Jordan. The surprise charges have prompted

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

By Challiss McDonough Cairo 19 April 2007 The Arab League has picked Egypt and Jordan to take the lead in approaching Israel to promote the newly revived Arab peace plan aimed at resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. VOA correspondent Challiss

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(四月)

By Paula Wolfson Washington 26 November 2006 U.S. President George Bush is preparing for talks this week in Jordan with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. VOA's Paula Wolfson reports from the White House that both men will face pressure to curb v

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

By Scott Stearns Amman 29 November 2006 Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki canceled Wednesday's planned meeting with U.S. President George Bush in Jordan, where the two had been expected to discuss ways to halt the spiraling violence in Iraq. Shor

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

By Scott Stearns Amman, Jordan 30 November 2006 Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and U.S. President George Bush are scheduled to meet in Jordan Thursday to discuss sectarian violence in Iraq and what America can do to help stop it. VOA White Hou

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Wounded Syrian Refugees Strain Jordan's Health Services Khalaf Rshaidat and Khaled Ghizawi have lived in this apartment provided by a Jordanian benefactor for the past two months. They say they fled Syria after being wounded by government troops and

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Members of the international Friends of the Earth group hold Israeli and Jordanian flags as they row kayaks in the Jordan River near Kibbutz Gesher (file photo) The Israeli government and environmentalists are sparring over one of the most important

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Obama, Jordan's King Discuss Mideast Developments At the White House on Tuesday, U.S. President Barack Obama and Jordan's King Abdullah discussed the popular uprisings in the Middle East and efforts to move Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts forward.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Congress Calls for Expedited Weapons for Jordan to Fight IS Members of Congress are calling on the Obama administration to expedite weapons to Jordan, an important Arab ally on the frontlines of the fight against Islamic State extremists. Jordan has

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(二月)

Photos Highlight Syrian Refugees in Jordan, Displaced Persons in S. Sudan Rich calls himself a photojournalist in the right place at the wrong time. He has photographed and filmed every major conflict during the past 40 years. Hes been wounded, kidna

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

Israeli, Palestinian Farmers in Jordan Valley Face Twin Crises JERUSALEM Hannan Pasternak is a worried man. Pasternak coordinates the Netiv Hagedud cooperative of some 60 Jewish families who farm plots of about eight hectares each on this settlement

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: If you're a fan of sketch comedy, then you very likely know the name Jordan Peele, along with his partner Keegan-Michael Key. He wrote and performed in the show Key And Peele that ran for five seasons on Comedy Central and earned

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Now to Jordan. Today the prime minister resigned, pressured by the biggest nationwide protests the country has seen in years. NPR's Jane Arraf sent this report from the Jordanian capital, Amman. (CHANTING) JANE ARRAF, BYLINE: Jorda

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

By Challiss McDonough Cairo 15 November 2007 Voters in Jordan go to the polls next week to choose a new parliament. But a key Islamist opposition party is accusing the government of intending to rig the poll, and secular critics say the entire electo

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

By Jim Teeple Jerusalem 10 May 2007 The World Diamond Council, the association responsible for regulating the global diamond trade, has singled out Zimbabwe and Venezuela for not meeting global standards aimed at curtailing the trade in so-called con

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Unconditional-Jordan You got me I know that you always have Been there looking up over my sholder And you'll be there when I get older cause I'm depending on you and when I go wrong It's ok Im not alone your there beside me Confident cause im feelin

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(364) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Jordan has extended air strikes against the Islamic State group to Iraq. The move comes after Jordanian foreign minister Nasser Judeh said the country is stepping up its air campaign against the IS. We have to increase and step up this, not just air

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻