07 Michael Jordan Michael Jordan: I can never stop working hard. Each day I feel I have to improve. Hard work, 1)determination...Ive got to keep pushing myself. I remember when I was five years old...2)dunking in trash cans on my knees. Waiting for

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 名人名篇

Energy from sunlight is now providing electricity to Syrian refugees at a camp in Jordan. The Azraq camp is the first in the world to completely operate on clean energy, according to the United Nations Refugee Agency, or UNHCR. The new power center u

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Lesson fourteen Pre-class Work Read the text a third time. Learn the new words and expressions listed below. Glossary acre n. a measure of land 英亩 (equal to 6 市亩 a in China) afresh adv. (fml)

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Robin and Jordan are teenage girls. But they lived very separate lives until one day, when they discovered that they had something very special in common . This chance encounter occurred on January 9, 2013, at a high school track meet in Washington D

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

[00:01.69]The God in Youth: Michael Jordan [00:05.51]The summer after ninth grade, [00:08.68]Michael Jordan and Smith both went to Pop Herrings basketball camp. [00:13.73]In Smiths mind there was no doubt which of the two of them was the better play

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 语言的力量

Worlds Oldest Bread Found at Prehistoric Site in Jordan The burned remains of bread made about 14,500 years ago in northeastern Jordan have given scientists a surprise: humans started making bread long before they developed agriculture. The bread was

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

272 阿拉法特要求阿拉伯国家召集紧急首脑会议 Arafat Urges Arab Leaders To Convene Emergency Summit Greg Lamotte Cairo 31 Jul 2001 16:26 UTC As the Israeli-Palestinian violence continu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(3)

Dam 水坝 If you want to use water for electric power and to prevent flooding or drought, what should you do? 如果你想用水发电,防洪或防旱,你该怎么做? You have to make a dam. 你得建座水坝。 A dam is very useful for many

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第9册

I' I know alot has changed It ain't the same I was givin you the chance to prove me wrong But all along you just dug a hole deeper I'm done with trynna figure you out You played with my lovin now you got nothin Bet you never saw this comin 'Cause eve

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

By Ursula Lindsey Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been identified as an al-Qaida-linked operative and a lead suspect in many of the worse acts of terror in Iraq this year. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi grew up in the

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

By David Gollust The Bush administration has been working hard to try to enlist Muslim, and especially Arab, countries to join in Iraq peacekeeping operations. Although neither Jordan nor Yemen has ma

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

Jordan said, Every time I see you, you have a beautiful woman on your arm. How do you do that? What's your secret? Ryan said, Well, there's really no secret. It's simply a matter of being confident. Women like confidence. I meet women just by introdu

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

China's highest court on Tuesday tried the trademark case lodged by US basketball legend Michael Jordan against Qiaodan Sports Co, a Chinese sportswear and shoe manufacturer. 我国最高法院上周二审理了美国篮球传奇人物迈克尔乔丹起

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

People get ready There's a train a-coming You don't need no baggage You just get on board All you need is faith To hear diesels humming You don't need no ticket You just thank the Lord Yeah yeah yeah People get ready For the train to Jordan Picking u

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

AMMAN, April 17 (Xinhua) -- The United States will send 200 soldiers to Jordan to enhance the capabilities of the Jordanian army, the state-run Petra news agency reported Wednesday. The move is part of the continuing cooperation between the Jordanian

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

18岁的混血歌手Alexis Jordan,虽然惜别美偶的舞台,但是小女孩的唱功还是得到了不少人的认可。 Mmm mmm mmm mmm (4x) I gotta turn this car around I never should have left you there Boy this traffic is making me sick Boy

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

I live my days with the nights That we spent all the love we shared I put my heart on the side for a While knowing you're not there I tried to carry on to face the fact you're gone But I need you So I close my eyes Close my eyes And I dream about you

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

[Verse 1] Looking for a way in It's a big step, when you fall in And every single touch says How you need it, can you feel me It comes on a whirlwind And it blows in, like a hurricane Till you wonder where you are And how you got so far [Chorus] I'll

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

[Verse 1] I didn't wanna be silent I had a lot to say I didn't wanna make moves Until I paved a way I'm giving in to something I never gave before I'm taking on much less Because I needed more [Chorus] I'm learning everyday I'm goin' all the way I'm

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Chapter 7 - Part 3 We cant argue about it here, Tom said impatiently, as a truck gave out a cursing whistle behind us. You follow me to the south side of Central Park, in front of the Plaza. Several times he tu

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著